Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best options to implement geofencing

Hello everyone,

First, I hope everyone is healthy, doing well, and having a little fun in life.

So my HS3 and home automation system is a fun hobby of mine. However sometimes i can go many months without doing anything with it. Well, after about 6 months away from it I'm back at it.

I've found that PHLocation2 is no longer very reliable. I read on the message board that the original developer of PHL2 decided to no longer support it and had pretty much disappeared.

So, I'm looking for suggestions on other reliable geofencing options. Hopefully something very reliable and also free. I would be willing to pay if it's very reliable and currently supported.

Thanks in advance,

Floyd

Just do a search on the forum, there is lots of info about it. I wrote up a way to do it using Hubitat that I use and it works without issues. You can also use Alexa (free) which seems to work well to. It’s normally reporting within seconds of Hubitat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
      Just do a search on the forum, there is lots of info about it. I wrote up a way to do it using Hubitat that I use and it works without issues. You can also use Alexa (free) which seems to work well to. It’s normally reporting within seconds of Hubitat.
      I was doing some reading last night and I did see your post about using Hubitat. It also seems like Traccar is popular (with PHL2). I also saw in Alexa app where you can set up a routine and have it trigger a device in HomeSeer (seems too easy).

Just out of curiosity, why else do you use Hubitat? Does it do things better or other things that HomeSeer can’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started out using it to grab Zigbee now I use it for all kinds of things but mainly to acquire data from devices that I'd have to use a plugin in HS to get. Once I get it then I send over to HS.using the HS mcsHubitat plugin.

Comment

Working...
        X