Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a simple event automation.

Hello there,

I'm trying to create an automation I used to have before. Thing is I deleted my HS3 to start from scratch and apparently I forgot how to make this right :P

I have my Dryer/Washer combo attached to an Aeotec Smart Switch 6. Yes it is a 110v appliance since the heat for the dryer comes from burning LPG.

What I want to work again is: When either Washer or Dryer starts, both are going to consume energy so the Wattage meter is going to be >0 so, when it happens, I need it to speak a message like "Washing or dryer has started" and whenever the thing turns off the power consumption goes to 0 again so it should speak something like "Washing or dryer has finished!".

The thing is, it used to work beautifully but now for some reason, I'm having a great deal of false announcements either with the Washer/Dryer working or not... but I can't pin out what am I doing spectacularly wrong here... so your kind help is appreciated!

This are the events:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.19.12 PM.png
Views:	168
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1390690

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.19.59 PM.png
Views:	90
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1390691

And this are the details and the parameters of the Aeotec Switch:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.20.35 PM.png
Views:	90
Size:	443.1 KB
ID:	1390692

Whatever in not in the picture below, is standard config.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.21.05 PM.png
Views:	95
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	1390693

I only have like 26 z-wave devices on my house, is a pretty small z-wave array but the connection to the SmartStick+ appears to be healthy:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.21.57 PM.png
Views:	93
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1390694

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

The power consumption likely bounces around during a cycle, even to zero at times (e.g., briefly when the tub reverses direction, when waiting for water to settle before pumping out, etc.) You may need to configure some type of timer so the machine only triggers the "off" notification after its power consumption has been at or near zero for some defined period of time. Here's an example--how I've done it on our washing machine. Note that I'm using EasyTrigger plugin for the trigger on the 2nd event. It could also be accomplished with a timer. I also use the Washer Status virtual device in my HS Touch screens to show status. I have the speak notification in a separate event with conditions that allow for muting at certain times, but it could be a single action in the 2nd event.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-06-02 181856.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	1390705
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      The power consumption likely bounces around during a cycle, even to zero at times (e.g., briefly when the tub reverses direction, when waiting for water to settle before pumping out, etc.) You may need to configure some type of timer so the machine only triggers the "off" notification after its power consumption has been at or near zero for some defined period of time. Here's an example--how I've done it on our washing machine. Note that I'm using EasyTrigger plugin for the trigger on the 2nd event. It could also be accomplished with a timer. I also use the Washer Status virtual device in my HS Touch screens to show status. I have the speak notification in a separate event with conditions that allow for muting at certain times, but it could be a single action in the 2nd event.

Click image for larger version Name:	Annotation 2020-06-02 181856.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	1390705
      Wow... thanks Wade... somehow I missed your reply... tomorrow I will test your suggestions!

Thanks for your kind suggestions!

PP

Comment

Working...
      X