Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replace ImperiHome with what? HomeRemote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace ImperiHome with what? HomeRemote?

So I have all this ImperiHome stuff - which now is more or less dead in the water so to speak.

Any suggestions with what to replace that with?

I have read a bit about HomeRemote - seems ok so far - but do we have anyone with any experience?

I've done some work with HomeRemote. My impression is that it's very powerful and actively supported, but the learning curve is steep and documentation slim. I struggled to get a basic "project" working with it. It was recently rewritten from version 2 to version 3 and most available documentation is for V2 and unusable for the current version due to the major changes.

That said, it does support Homeseer directly through the JSON interface and once you understand how that works, it's basically the same thing repeated for interacting with Homeseer devices.

Also, the forum is Google Groups which is a pain to interact with IMHO.

Comment

Looks promising...

Comment

I looked at myhomeremote as well but found it a little bit too difficult to really get started. Of course what was great about it is that its free, but I ended up biting the bullet and buying d
        Designer and designing my own so I had a lot more flexibility in the way I could build it and the way I could make it look like my Imperihome dashboard.

You might want to look at this link for a few ideas :-)

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...f-screen-shots

Comment

Everyone should go to sharptools.io Community and ask them to work on getting their platform to work with Homeseer. It would be a great replacement for ImperiHome. They said they will start working on it is they get enough request.

Comment

I'm using The Home Remote and it works great.

Comment

Anyone got any good information on integrating Home Remote with Homeseer events? It pulls them in, but I'm not clear how to call them

I'm also curious as to whether Home Remote can display the status icons from Homeseer devices. I'm able to get the values and status labels to display, but I've been unsuccessful with the icons.

Comment

I’m running HS events using virtual devices linked to the events. I don’t know if there is another way to call it but I believe so.
                If it’s sending the commands correctly that means your HR EventTriggers are good. I suspect your issue is that you haven’t configured the DataTriggers on the icon correctly.

Comment

Hello! I'm also working with The Home Remote and can really recommend it. Some learning curve especially with defining layout but otherwise it's very powerful.

To call Homeseer events directly is similar to setting HS devices, except you can just leave the value blank. Just started with this and can confirm it works.
                  If you are missing event(scene) in the device list, you can just copy paste an existing scene and change the id to match the event what you want to call. You need to figure out what's the event id Homeseer uses, however that's not printed on Homeseer UI. I found the easiest is just to run following in the browser which list all events:
                  http://<ip of homeseer>/JSON?request=getevents
                  If you have locked the IP, you can even bookmark that 😊

Please note if you call events through MyHS you need to have respective MyHS user defined also in the HS network setup. Otherwise there is no access to call an event.

Comment

Following this thread with interest. I currently use Allonis MyServer for all of my touchscreens. Very happy with the appearance but alas support has ground to a halt and it looks the end of the road is not far away. With HomeRemote - I understand you can make JSON calls to instruct homeseer to do things. How do you update HomeRemote to let it know that a light has turned on, or to pass text for display updates, etc?

Comment

Hi! The Home Remote support on those occasions that I needed it has been very good and dedicated. Obviously I try to utilize first the forum.
                      Regarding your question, THR does value updates automatically from Homeseer, so I do not know the exact details how it is implemented. However, updates are pretty realtime (just tested light switch, I would it was less than a second the screen got updated on THR).
                      you don't need to know anything about JSON to utilize THR, it does it behind the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
                        So I have all this ImperiHome stuff - which now is more or less dead in the water so to speak.
                        Any suggestions with what to replace that with?
                        Same here. After being really disappointed for a while not being able to use ImperiHome anymore, with all my custom dashboards, I searched and read the HomeSeer forum and gave HSBuddy a try.

For me HSBuddy is a really good alternative.
                        - Installation is really simple by installing it on your HomeSeer server as plugin
                        - HSBuddy is HS3 plugin, but works fine on my HS4 server
                        - HSBuddy iOS app on iPhone/iPad works fine and fast responding
                        - There were problems accessing HSBuddy remote through myhs, but since yesterday it works OK, without changing anything on homeseer server ;-)
                        - Active support/development
                        - Better securitycamera support in HSBuddy than in Imperihome! Now it actually works okay with the NetCam plugin cameras.
                        - Being able to save custom dashboards on server and backup/restore when needed on client devices sush as phones/tablet
                        - Cheaper than ImperiHome... It's free!
                        Last edited by legato; September 9, 2020, 03:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Simo View Post
                          Hi! The Home Remote support on those occasions that I needed it has been very good and dedicated. Obviously I try to utilize first the forum.
                          Regarding your question, THR does value updates automatically from Homeseer, so I do not know the exact details how it is implemented. However, updates are pretty realtime (just tested light switch, I would it was less than a second the screen got updated on THR).
                          you don't need to know anything about JSON to utilize THR, it does it behind the scene.
                          Can you post any sample screens that you have created with HomeRemote? I tried using it but didn't get very far - found it very confusing and the online help/videos seems very limited - unless I am missing some resources.

I also have been digging into Sharptools. I find the interface very pleasing. I have been working with the tech support to see if I can get JSON calls working back to Homeseer - no success so far. But assuming this is resolved then I have a way to harness their interface and control HS. Naturally a direct connection would be ideal, but I don't think they are getting much uptake on that - probably because most HS users don't know about it.

Comment

This series of videos does a good job of explaining how the Home Remote works. It is confusing until you have this type of tutorial. This series is on the newest version (v3).

The Home Remote Basic Tutorial (v3) - YouTube

Comment

Thanks. I did look at these but gave up quickly. I am now looking more closely. I will have to revisit it. I did get started with sharptools and have it talking to HS3 quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X