Strange speaker Client Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange speaker Client Issue

So I have HS3 running on Win 10 which I also use as a media server attached to our TV. The default sound output set is the Samsung TV. I have just installed the speaker client, a USB sound output device and a passive ceiling speaker.

The speaker client is running and connected to HS3. The output device is set to the usb interface. Here's the strange behaviour.

If I press the TTS sample button it outputs the audio over the USB interface. But mp3 or wav files played via an event are played over the default Win 10 output device, in this case, the Samsung TV.

I seem to remember an issue like that being mentioned but I've not found the answer?

I've just tried following another post advice about using Speak to play The Wave file but that doesn't work either it still plays through the default audio device.

Any ideas?

Thanks

In the event are you sending the speech to the specific speaker client? Does the speaker client output window also log that it is playing the file?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      In the event are you sending the speech to the specific speaker client?
      I only have one client, but I have tried with and without specifying a client and the results are the same.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Does the speaker client output window also log that it is playing the file?
      I have not checked that, although it doesn't say playing or anything like that in the HS3 logs, it just logs the event running.

Comment

I gave up with this, clearly another bug.
        Instead I made the speaker output interface the default windows device, which I didn't really want to do, and then setup my media server to use the other sound card as output.
        Luckily my media server has a conf file in which you can specify preferred output device, like Homeseer's speaker, except the media server preferred output actually works.

Hopefully this will be resolved with HS4 because I want the speaker's output device to be exclusive to Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
        X