Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moodo (Smart Air Diffuser) HS3 Plugin

All,

I have not seen any request for this but recently I purchased a smart air diffuser/air freshener call it what you will, this one is made by a company called Moodo - https://moodo.co/. It seems to work quite well and I've had it for a couple of weeks now, you buy little capsules to go into it and you can mix/match them as you see fit. The app allows you to create favourites to change the scent during the day.

I've created a basic HS3 (NOT HS4 - although it will probably work) plugin for it but it does rely on communication to their service to talk to their API. I've put that plugin in the updater and it is currently awaiting approval - not sure which section to put it in so I have put it in Thermostats & HVAC.

Not expecting a huge turnout for this one but if you have any success or otherwise it would be great if you could update this thread.

Download

Once it has been approved them installation is simply by installing it from the updater, please note that the Moodo service needs an account with an email/password - the plugin DOES NOT work with the Google/Facebook type login methods so please create a simple account with an email address and use that in the plugin.

Release Notes

0.0.0.1 - 13/07/2020 - Initial Version

Documentation

Please see attached (also included in the updater file in the \docs\ directory in your HS installation).

‚Äč

Click image for larger version  Name:	modoo_fr.005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	1402101
    Attached Files

I would be interested to know what you think of your Moodo. I purchased one when it was an Indiegogo kick starter. To be honest I am moderately satisfied with it, Recently I have been having some problems with it. The battery won't charge and the device keeps going offline requiring a reboot. Admittedly it's a version 1 device and I see they are now shipping Moodo V2. So hopefully they have fixed things. Mine was out of warranty so I replaced the internal lithium battery but this did not solve the problems I am having. Nor did changing the power supply. I suspect it is a fault with the internal power regulation.

Anyway, I have ordered a new one following a significant discount that Moodo offered. When it arrives I'll try your plugin.

M
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
      I would be interested to know what you think of your Moodo. I purchased one when it was an Indiegogo kick starter. To be honest I am moderately satisfied with it, Recently I have been having some problems with it. The battery won't charge and the device keeps going offline requiring a reboot. Admittedly it's a version 1 device and I see they are now shipping Moodo V2. So hopefully they have fixed things. Mine was out of warranty so I replaced the internal lithium battery but this did not solve the problems I am having. Nor did changing the power supply. I suspect it is a fault with the internal power regulation.

Anyway, I have ordered a new one following a significant discount that Moodo offered. When it arrives I'll try your plugin.

M
      Thanks for giving it a go...I've only had it a couple of weeks and seems OK to me and I have not noticed any offline issue, I've not got the rechargeable version so can't really comment on it but I'd imagine that the internals are pretty similar apart from the missing battery.

Comment

My replacement Moodo arrived yesterday.
        I can't see in the updater where the Moodo plugin is. Has it been published yet?
        Thanks,M

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

My replacement Moodo arrived yesterday.
          I can't see in the updater where the Moodo plugin is. Has it been published yet?
          Thanks,M
          I had to re-submit it yesterday due to no icon - hopefully it will be in soon and if it does not appear then I will get a copy to you.

Comment

Ok cool. Not there yet. I presume it will end up in the beta section?

Comment

Still nothing in updater yet. Any chance you could attach or PM so I can give it a try?
              Thanks, M

Comment

Still nothing in updater yet. Any chance you could attach or PM so I can give it a try?
                Thanks, M
                Should be in there now...check under the Thermostats & HVAC Section, if you struggle downloading let me know and I will send you a copy.

Thanks.

Comment

So far so good. Installed the plugin and will have play with it.
                  Are you happy for me to provide constructive feedback?
                  Marty

Comment

One question. When I change the volume on the Moodo box itself, as opposed to the app, neither the app nor the plugin reflect this change. Is this unique to my setup or are you seeing the same thing? To be honest I'm not sure if the app ever changed when the moodo button are pressed.

Comment

So far so good. Installed the plugin and will have play with it.
                      Are you happy for me to provide constructive feedback?
                      Marty
                      Of course!! I did struggle with this one as I don't think the advanced options/schedules really need to be in the plugin as either it becomes a pig to manage or HS provides superior options above that that the device would have.

One question. When I change the volume on the Moodo box itself, as opposed to the app, neither the app nor the plugin reflect this change. Is this unique to my setup or are you seeing the same thing? To be honest I'm not sure if the app ever changed when the moodo button are pressed.
                      Not sure I have tried it but I will - I don't really use the box controls on account for them being on the back, it might eventually get picked up by the plugin when it polls for status but if not I'll speak to the developers and see if this is intentional or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X