Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counters not functioning

Hi,

I am having an odd problem with a counter in HS3. I have plenty of events that use counters without issue, but these two events are not working. When the event runs because the conditions are met or if it is manually run, the counter will not change. If I make an event dedicated to changing the counter, it does work. Any thoughts?

Neither of these events seems to change the counter (ignore that it sends the commands twice, it is a weird glitch, the device sometimes misses the command if it is sent only once):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.08.13 PM.png
Views:	218
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1404835 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.08.59 PM.png
Views:	209
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	1404836
    This event does control the counter as expected:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 5.10.37 PM.png
Views:	174
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1404837

I am totally stumped, definitely would appreciate any thoughts!

I don't have an answer, but there may be a workaround you can use until you solve the problem.
    Since the event with the manual trigger and the counter reset as the only action works, you could try creating similar manually triggered events for the two resets that are a problem, then change the event actions in the existing events to run the new event to do the reset and see if that works.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      I don't have an answer, but there may be a workaround you can use until you solve the problem.
      Since the event with the manual trigger and the counter reset as the only action works, you could try creating similar manually triggered events for the two resets that are a problem, then change the event actions in the existing events to run the new event to do the reset and see if that works.
      If it does, that points to my suspicion - a corrupted Event. To that end I would recommend building a new Event (do not copy) and deleting the old. I have seen several different results due to corrupted Events: failing Triggers, Conditions and Actions.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        If it does, that points to my suspicion - a corrupted Event. To that end I would recommend building a new Event (do not copy) and deleting the old. I have seen several different results due to corrupted Events: failing Triggers, Conditions and Actions.
        Good point. Corrupted events can be devious. I'm almost always fooled into chasing ghosts when one happens to me.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. So, I tried a few things and am still having issues:

1. Tried to have the event run the other event that was able to control the counter rather than directly control the counter. This did not work.
          2. Made virtual devices to reference instead of a counter. This did not work either.
          3. Rebuilt both events. This seemed to work for the event that sets the counter to 0 (the first event above) but then when I tested the second event with a delayed action, it seems to have broken both events meaning the counter no longer changes via either of the events.

So, is it possible that either something with the delayed action in the second event is creating the problem? Also, both events have options enabled to only let the event run every 5 minutes. Could this be causing a problem? Other than the counter, the events do basically work as expected.

Thank you!

Comment

I think it's time to contact HS support about this. (support@homeseer.com)

Comment

I was just looking at your conditions on your first post, and your first event:

Paraphrasing: Your trigger is "Patio lux set and < 1650 lux", and you have two conditions "Shade lock = Adjustment lock" and "time is 45 minutes before sunset".

Is it possible that your trigger and your first condition are not occurring (and then condition is true) at that time 45 minutes before sunset? Is it possible that your lux was not "set" during that one minute window?

I am not quite sure what you need to accomplish, but if I was doing this I probably would make the trigger be 45 minutes before sunset, and the two conditions your patio lux and shade lock.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
                I was just looking at your conditions on your first post, and your first event:

Paraphrasing: Your trigger is "Patio lux set and < 1650 lux", and you have two conditions "Shade lock = Adjustment lock" and "time is 45 minutes before sunset".

Is it possible that your trigger and your first condition are not occurring (and then condition is true) at that time 45 minutes before sunset? Is it possible that your lux was not "set" during that one minute window?

I am not quite sure what you need to accomplish, but if I was doing this I probably would make the trigger be 45 minutes before sunset, and the two conditions your patio lux and shade lock.
                The condition you are referring to is an Easy Trigger condition. It is not a fixed time of 45 minutes before sunset, but is true if it is before 45 minutes before sunset, meaning if sunset is at 8:00pm, the condition will be true from midnight until 7:15pm. The lux device is actually a reasonable trigger as it will trigger every time its value updates and is less than 1650 lux. Most of these devices update every 1-5 minutes.

The OP also confirmed the Event is running, just the counter setting Action is not working. I see no reason this won’t work, if the Event is running, so I would have to look at log entries and the counter in real time to see what is happening.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by fx12002 View Post
                  Hi,

I am having an odd problem with a counter in HS3. I have plenty of events that use counters without issue, but these two events are not working. When the event runs because the conditions are met or if it is manually run, the counter will not change. If I make an event dedicated to changing the counter, it does work. Any thoughts?

I am totally stumped, definitely would appreciate any thoughts!
                  Did you find the cause and/or a solution to your issue? I am seeing similar issues with counters in my system.

Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

I didn't figure it out. I ultimately rebuilt the events but right after that I lost power to the house longer than my battery backup could last. After the bad shutdown, homeseer was all messed up. Lots of sql errors, etc. So, I recovered from a previous backup and everything started working again. No idea what was going on but it is working now.

Comment

Working...
                    X