Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I tell if data are coming from a new device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I tell if data are coming from a new device?

I'm running DHS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows). It works great overall but I just added this device: https://amzn.to/32QriRB - a Zooz motion sensor. It added fine, but the display in the main interface looks to me like nothing is happening: battery says 0%, luminance is 0%, etc. - it's sitting outside in sun so it can't have luminance 0 and I know the batteries aren't dead because its LED comes on when I move in front of it. I've done Optimize on it and checked connectivity and everything is reporting like it's alive and responding. What am I missing, why are there no data coming from it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 3.20.42 PM.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1405519

Btw here's what I saw when adding it:

Add Node started...

Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...

Adding a new SLAVE NODE...

DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.

Done. Node 60 Added.

Reloading (importing) node information...

Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...

Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1

Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 60, ID: 634=27AH (Zooz), Type: 1=1H, ID: 5=5H

Node: 60 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SUPERVISION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, BATTERY, WAKE_UP, NOTIFICATION_V6, CONFIGURATION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8

Node 60 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.61 App: 2.1

Node 60 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...

Node 60 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.

Node 60 Supports 2 Notification Types: Home_Security Power_Management

Home_Security Supports Events: Tampering Cover Removed(3), Motion Detected(8)

Power_Management Supports Events: Power Applied(1)

All associations for node 60 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.

Root Node Device Node 60 Z-Wave Zooz Notification Sensor was created for node 60 on network 018523E1

New Interface: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 60 Z-Wave Zooz Notification Sensor (Node 60, Group 1) to HomeSeer

4 out of 4 Child devices of node 60 were created successfully.

Finished.

Saving network information to file: ZNet_Network 018523E1_018523E1_2020-07-24_08.05.08.ZWave. Please wait...

Does motion work?

You probably need to look at sending the parameters - according to the manual (https://www.getzooz.com/downloads/zo....01-manual.pdf) there is a lux reporting interval that might be set to the default 30 minute interval.

Battery level is something that might be sent when it changes or on some interval - as it does not change that often it is not uncommon for some devices to sit at 0% until they send the level.

Comment

>Does motion work?

It doesn't seem to report to HS3, no - when I walk in front of it, the LED lights up, so I know it detects motion, but HS3 shows no change.

>You probably need to look at sending the parameters - according to the manual (https://www.getzooz.com/downloads/zo....01-manual.pdf) there is a lux reporting interval that might be set to the default 30 minute interval.

I'll take a look but even if it was 30 min, shouldn't some data have shown up by now (I attached it 10 hours ago)? Should I be messing with polling interval (right now set to 0), and wake-up interval says 12 hours - is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post
        >Does motion work?

It doesn't seem to report to HS3, no - when I walk in front of it, the LED lights up, so I know it detects motion, but HS3 shows no change.

>You probably need to look at sending the parameters - according to the manual (https://www.getzooz.com/downloads/zo....01-manual.pdf) there is a lux reporting interval that might be set to the default 30 minute interval.

I'll take a look but even if it was 30 min, shouldn't some data have shown up by now (I attached it 10 hours ago)? Should I be messing with polling interval (right now set to 0), and wake-up interval says 12 hours - is that right?
        I have one of the Zooz sensors (although not this model) so I would hope it would work OK - I'm far from a Z-Wave expert but have you tried removing and re-adding? Sometimes when devices get enrolled they can add in an odd state.

The wakeup interval might be right - although that manual says four hours is the default but taking batteries in/out can manually wake it - have you tried that?

Comment

It was successfully receiving parameter settings, optimization, etc. - showing nice connectivity, but not reporting luminance or motion. Upon the advice of Zooz tech support, I took the cover off again, and pushed the internal tamper button 3 times. Now, it's reporting motion and luminance (although still not battery - says 0) so that's good but now it won't take any parameter settings - says Command failed. Wake the device and try again. Any idea why this would happen? Why was the device awake before, but not reporting, and now it's reporting but apparently not awake?? Maybe it was in some sort of setup mode before? Also, for a while Device History was showing me the data, but then was saying "no data" for a while, and now the data is showing in a chart again.

Comment

Problem #1 When you wake a battery device it only stays "awake" for a short period. If any of your commands don't seem to be working, press the tamper 3 times again until it does.
            Problem #2 Some battery devices, even when you have set a battery reporting interval IN the physical device, still seem to need for a "polling interval" set for the device IN HS(usually the same as the physical device setting or slightly less). On some devices, it seems to take days before you get a report and days between reports---don't know why.

Comment

Recommendation for polling interval for an outdoor motion sensor?

Comment

12 hours for most any battery device.

Comment

Working...
                X