Monoprice Amplifier Plug-In Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoprice Amplifier Plug-In Failure

I've been using v1 of the plug-in for about a year and it functioned flawlessly. A few weeks ago, after a reboot of HS3, there was a block of errors in the startup log from the plugin. I didn't make a copy of them but they referred to a child device not having a parent. I had not made any changes to the plugin config or the devices and I was still able to control the amp from HS. All the devices still reflected any changes made either through HS or the keypads.

I cycled the plugin several times and sometimes the errors would be generated, sometimes the plugin would start up without errors. Still, HS could control the amp.

A few days ago I lost the ability of HS to control the amp. Besides not being able to control the amp the plugin now did not reflect that there were some keypads connected to zones. A reboot generated the same block of errors from the plugin.

I decided that now was the time to finally move from v1 of the plugin to the supported v3. I deleted v1 and installed v3. A snippet of the errors generated are as follows:

Jul-26 3:45:37 PM Warning Issue checking parent device (1097) Marquis Monoprice Amp Zone 1 Zone 1 Power
    Jul-26 3:45:37 PM Warning Device (1133) Marquis Monoprice Amp Zone 1 Zone 1 Source is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
    Jul-26 3:45:37 PM Warning Issue checking parent device (1097) Marquis Monoprice Amp Zone 1 Zone 1 Power
    Jul-26 3:45:37 PM Warning Device (1115) Marquis Monoprice Amp Zone 1 Zone 1 Mute is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
    Jul-26 3:45:37 PM Warning Device (1096) Marquis Monoprice Amp Marquis Monoprice Amp Marquis Monoprice Amp Mute does not reference a parent, it should reference one parent
    Jul-26 3:45:37 PM Warning Issue checking child device (1096) Marquis Monoprice Amp Marquis Monoprice Amp Marquis Monoprice Amp Mute
    Jul-26 3:45:37 PM Warning Device (1096) Marquis Monoprice Amp Marquis Monoprice Amp Marquis Monoprice Amp Mute is marked as child, but does not reference any parent
    Jul-26 3:45:37 PM Warning Issue checking parent device (1095) Marquis Monoprice Amp Marquis Monoprice Amp Marquis Monoprice Amp Power

I then deleted the existing devices and restarted the plugin. No errors were generated at startup but the plugin created 18 zones (only have 1 amp) and trying to send a command for Zone 1 resulted in the error 'ControlAmp did not work'.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem or can provide any insight as to what's going on.

p.s. - After thinking about it, I'm starting to wonder if my problem is the amp's serial interface has failed (but then, in the beginning of this episode, I could still control the amp from HS even with the child/parent errors under v1.)

Thanks for anyone's help...
Working...
X