HS Speaker has stopped playing WAV files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Speaker has stopped playing WAV files

About a couple of weeks ago HomeSeer stopped playing WAV or any Music files, TTS works perfectly! restarting does not solve it. I am running HS version 3.0.0.548 (Windows) on
    Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard - Server. anybody any thoughts.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Guessing you have tested out Microsoft Media Player in Windows 2016 to function fine eh?

You can always add K-Lite codec pack from here:

hxxps://www.codecguide.com/klcp_update.htm

I have been using this for many years on Windows 2013 server (old Homeseer 2) and Windows 2016 server.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Media Player is not playing. Tried installing K-Lite, no luck still no Audio did not restart PC though.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Media Player is not playing. Tried installing K-Lite, no luck still no Audio did not restart PC though.

Looking at control panel / device manager do you see the audio device?

I am guessing you do see the device fine as you mentioned that TTS is working fine.

Media player should play WAV files just fine. This is not an issue with Homeseer Speaker dot exe.

Does the sound test work fine when testing audio properties?

Check the volumes on the mixer; make sure all are turned up and not muted.

Are you accessing the box via RDP or do you have a monitor connected to it.

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

Looking at control panel / device manager do you see the audio device?
          Yes they are there

I am guessing you do see the device fine as you mentioned that TTS is working fine.

Media player should play WAV files just fine. This is not an issue with Homeseer Speaker dot exe.

Does the sound test work fine when testing audio properties?
          Sound does not work

Check the volumes on the mixer; make sure all are turned up and not muted.

Are you accessing the box via RDP or do you have a monitor connected to it.

All volumes up and not muted, accessing direct not through RDP

sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	sounds.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	1407957 What happens when you run Microsoft Media player and open up a media file in the \Windows\media directory?

That is where all of your windows sounds are at and they are all wav files. IE: start up, beep et al.

Go to Settings> Apps> Default Apps> Scroll to the bottom and select "choose default apps by file type"

Find .wav and see what it says the default app is for opening them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	W2016WavFiles.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	1407954
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

When I try to play default sounds nothing happens. WAV files are set to Windows Media Player.
              sigpic

Comment

Should work. Doesn't make sense if it worked before. W2016 is a much simpler base server than the W10 Pro desktop. Just the meat and no fluff.

Are you using 2 USB sound cards plus internal sound card? You should be able to direct your wave sounds to play through any sound card you want.

I have an old windows program which is called virtual audio which lets you mix and match different sound ports. I have it saved here. It is an old Windows program and will PM the link to it for you.

Well actually here is the link for it. I have not used it in years now but it worked great.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks Pete, I will give it a try this weekend. Think it may be a RDP problem where the audio is not being handed back properly at the end of a session.
                  sigpic

Comment

I did not know you were using RDP. Well then it is better that you use VNC then to access the W2016 box. With VNC your sound will only come out of the W2016 server.

Yes using RDP and Audio is a whole different thing. RDP creates a virtual audio port which attaches to one of the audio cards. I would not use RDP to configure the audio.

Here use RDP for my box but I do not need audio on it. It is just a windows box which I use HSDesigner, Leviton HAI touchscreen designer, UPB Upstart, Leviton PCA, et al. These are programs which have to run in Windows.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                    X