Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE Jasco Solo Scene Remote shows no options

Hello -

I am trying to use a Sole Scene Remote to control an GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Receptacle. The receptacle works fine -- I can control it from HS. However, I'm unable to get the Scene Remote to provide any status or control information and therefore can't use it in Events. (Note: when I added it, ZTool reported "Error: Node 6 did not provide Wake-Up Command Class information - it will not be processed further.")

I may be approaching the whole thing incorrectly. Any suggestions or guidance appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MARS-2020-08-08 07_50_27-Window.png
Views:	362
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1409594

Click image for larger version

Name:	MARS-2020-08-08 08_07_44-Window.png
Views:	244
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1409595

Good post, I'm also getting a ton of No Status on my GE (by Jasco) switches.

Comment

That sounds like you have several of these switches. Are any of them working properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The all work. It's the Root that shows no status

Comment

Would you mind sending a screenshot of those devices in HS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Stat1.png Views:	0 Size:	158.8 KB ID:	1409903Click image for larger version  Name:	Stat1.png Views:	0 Size:	158.8 KB ID:	1409901
            Attached Files

Comment

Sure, above are a few...

Comment

Thanks! I see you have things labeled as "Z-Wave Switch" and "Z-Wave Switch Root Device." Is that your naming convention or did it come in that way when joined? Mine only has the "root" device -- that is there are no sub-devices that show up. Did you do anything special when joining? Do you recall getting that warning about the Wake-Up Command Class?

Comment

That's the way they came in when included in the network. Some have Root Devices and some just come in as Switches. And some other have Multi-Root device types. It's a bit confusing which one is used to set parameters in, which ones cause a trigger, which ones show the status of the device, which ones show the last scene commanded.

I can't remember getting any warning about a Wake-up Command Class but I'm adding dimmers and switches at about 2-3 per day. So I'll look the next time I install one and do an include.

Comment

George, I am unable to get the GE Solo or Duo to include in my network - did you do anything special?

Comment

Are they included (I.E. Can you see them if you do a Show All)? If included, go to the device and click on the device and then the Advanced Tab to see exactly what the status is. Then click on the Status Graphics tab and see if there is a value there for that status.

If the are there, a couple of screenshot might help. If not at all, first try to exclude them (I know it's counter-intuitive if you can't see them, but put them into include mode and go to the Z-Wave plugin and then click Exclude devices. Any devices that are in that mode, will have their parameters reset. Then you can go back in and do an Include (Non-Secure). It's always worked for me. I normally take my laptop to the switch as I've found the Z-Node+ app on the iPhone to be a PITA.

Comment

Is this the 34172 switch? If so, look at —

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...powered-switch

I have one, and it works well. But you have to program the remote directly per the instructions provided in the box. First you add the remote as a secondary controller to Homeseer, and then program it directly to control the device you want.

interestingly, one issue I’ve noticed is that any device controlled by it no longer reports its status instantly, even if it did before. Not sure why.

Comment

See also

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...e-remote-34176

Comment

Has anyone noticed that, after adding the remote as a secondary controller to Homeseer, and contolling a device directly (?), the controlled device no longer acts as a 'repeater' for the hub's Zwave network?

Mine seems to behave this way, is this the case, or am I jumping to conclusions?

I'd originally Included the switch into the hub's network traditionally (granted, it finished with errors) and it worked ok in Events as a simple "if this device changes" - I never tried to get further capability from it, dimming etc, because all I need is an on-off switch.

(Warning - I have very limited experience and knowledge about the z-wave system, and...)
                            I'm not sure I understand what the point of "creating a secondary contrioller" is... The response of my controlled outlet (1.5 foot distant) doesn't seem to be any quicker or more reliable.

Can anyone explain what the point is of this 'secondary controller' method of inclusion, or point me to more info?

TIA

Comment

The Zooz ZEN34 is a much better choice with the same form factor as the GE (Jasco) Scene Remotes. It will even fit perfectly in the nifty Magnetic Remote Stand that Jasco sells (https://byjasco.com/magnetic-remote-stand). Check it out at https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pro...attery-powered.

Comment

Working...
                              X