Anyone using Emby Webhooks with HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using Emby Webhooks with HS3?

Emby can send HTTP POST commands. Since there is not an Emby plugin (like there is for all other HA systems!) I'm thinking if I set a Virtual Device to the text of the Webhook, I might be able to parse it with a script and run an event based on that

HS3 & Emby run on the same Win10 PC but HS3 is not logging anything, not setting the device text.

I found this ASP page in this 2019 post...
    <%
    Dim dev
    Dim devstring
    Dim devvalue

'hs.Writelog "Web SetDeviceString", "... is called"

dev = Request.QueryString("deviceid")
    devstring = Request.QueryString("devicestring")
    devvalue = Request.QueryString("devicevalue")

devstring = Replace(devstring, "%3a", ":")

If Not IsNull(devvalue) Then
    'devvalue = Round(devvalue, 4)
    hs.SetDeviceValueByRef dev, 0, True
    hs.SetDeviceValueByRef dev, devvalue, True
    End if
    hs.SetDeviceString dev, devstring, True

Response.Write("Success!")
    %>

Here's the command I'm trying...
    http://192.168.2.60/setdevicestring.asp?deviceid=4782&devicestring=<Emby puts in webhook info here>
    My webcam server can read license plates, it can also send it via GET/POST commands. I want to send the licence plate string to Homeseer, do some validation and then (if requirements are met) open the garage door. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that the easy way. I found a thread (https://forums.homes

You can also install ioBroker on Windows. Use the ioBroker node to give information from Emby. (the reason for the ioBroker Node cannot be installed separately)
    Will help you to do a lot more with Node-RED.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ioBroker.png Views:	0 Size:	163.7 KB ID:	1415067

FOR THE LAST PART OF YOUR POST : https://randomnerdtutorials.com/car-plate-recognition-system-with-raspberry-pi-and-node-red/ (Again don't stress but use Node-RED and the HomeSeer Nodes)

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Eman I appreciate the tutorial. I'd like to get it running without adding another system to install and maintain- thus, added time and complexity

But to your point :: Most often these days the "fix" for Homeseer gaps is to use NodeRed, Hubitat, or Home Assistant... or all of them. It might be time for the power users on Homeseer to give up on rjh and team and give in to moremodern systems like NodeRed w/HomeAssistant. Kinda looks like rich/team have decided not to improve HS4 and simply give a way to integrate into NodeRed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        Eman I appreciate the tutorial. I'd like to get it running without adding another system to install and maintain- thus, added time and complexity

But to your point :: Most often these days the "fix" for Homeseer gaps is to use NodeRed, Hubitat, or Home Assistant... or all of them. It might be time for the power users on Homeseer to give up on rjh and team and give in to moremodern systems like NodeRed w/HomeAssistant. Kinda looks like rich/team have decided not to improve HS4 and simply give a way to integrate into NodeRed.
        Noted!

Those cries come from all angles! Notice how rarely they pop up in user forums?
        In dire needs (in you case) they advocate you use their help link

Answering questions is sometimes just as helpful as asking them -@Ksum

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
        X