Status Graphics Page - Buggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Graphics Page - Buggy?

Can anybody confirm or explain - what does it mean when you see a value like "1.255" , "2.255", "9.255", etc. on the status graphics page?

I thought the values should all be single digit integers. Is this a bug in HomeSeer - i.e., the Z-Wave plugin setting things up incorrectly, or is there some special meaning to the ".255" ending?

Originally posted by jvm View Post
    Can anybody confirm or explain - what does it mean when you see a value like "1.255" , "2.255", "9.255", etc. on the status graphics page?

I thought the values should all be single digit integers. Is this a bug in HomeSeer - i.e., the Z-Wave plugin setting things up incorrectly, or is there some special meaning to the ".255" ending?

It's not a bug. The status value of a device is a Double and can therefore be anything from -1.79769313486231570E+308 through -4.94065645841246544E-324 for negative values and from 4.94065645841246544E-324 through 1.79769313486231570E+308 for positive values. It isn't the Z-Wave pi itself that determines the status values but the firmware on the actual device.

Whilst many devices might only have integer values, devices such as temperature sensors, etc will obviously be decimal values.

What you are seeing is typical for Z-Smokes and some other similar devices, probably from the same manufacturer. I don't know why they chose those particular values nor the significance of the .255.

I will say that I can tell you are using, or have used, my SDJ-Health pi which adds the 13.355 Heartbeat Acknowledged pair that you see. This is because callbacks to plug-ins in HS3 only happen on device changes and therefore they can't detect the Alarm Heartbeat value repeatedly being set. The pi sets the Heartbeat Acknowledged each time it detects a Heartbeat so that a callback is raised on the next Alarm Heartbeat.

I'm sure you didn't really want to know all that😀

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X