Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device event shows in log but not triggering rule - how to debug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device event shows in log but not triggering rule - how to debug?

I have lots of devices and rules, and generally everything works fine. But there's one - Aeon minimote, which I'm having trouble with: when I press the button, the Log shows that it happened:

Oct-18 11:40:11 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st floor Minimote - Aeon Labs Generic Controller Node 26 Root Set to 10
    fine; but I have a rule which says

IF 1st floor Minimote - Aeon Labs Generic Controller Node 26 Root has a value that just changed.
    THEN ...

and it just doesn't fire! I can activate it manually and things happen as they should but why doesn't it fire if the Log shows the device changing state?? How do I debug this problem?

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post
    I have lots of devices and rules, and generally everything works fine. But there's one - Aeon minimote, which I'm having trouble with: when I press the button, the Log shows that it happened:
    Oct-18 11:40:11 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st floor Minimote - Aeon Labs Generic Controller Node 26 Root Set to 10
    fine; but I have a rule which says

IF 1st floor Minimote - Aeon Labs Generic Controller Node 26 Root has a value that just changed.
    THEN ...

and it just doesn't fire! I can activate it manually and things happen as they should but why doesn't it fire if the Log shows the device changing state?? How do I debug this problem?
    I don't have a minimote so I am only guessing but I suspect it isn't a bug, its that the device isn't changing its value. The log message reports it being set to 10 but if the value is already 10 then the particular trigger you are using won't trigger. You would need to use the trigger 'This device had its value set to..' or 'This device just had its value set or changed'.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

SteveMSJ is correct; the Minimote value doesn't change on subsequent pushes of the same button. Use trigger 'This device had its value set to ...'

Comment

Working...
      X