Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device last change time set to never

Hi,
    is it possible to set the device last change time to „never“ ?
    I would like to do this for my smoke sensors.

Regards,
    Fischi

Do you want the last change time to have a unique value or do you want to prevent it from being changed?
    If the former, why not just give it a distinctive date?
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(nnn, Convert.ToDateTime("2/2/2222 22:22"))
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Do you want the last change time to have a unique value or do you want to prevent it from being changed?
      If the former, why not just give it a distinctive date?
      hs.SetDeviceLastChange(nnn, Convert.ToDateTime("2/2/2222 22:22"))
      Thanks, Uncle Michael
      I have Imperihome running on my Android. It shows Hs devices like doors, windows...........smoke sensors.
      In Imperihome are shown my smoke sensors and the device last change change time.
      The device last change time changes also after a smoke sensor test.
      At first glance I think that there was a real fire alarm because it exists a last change time (caused by the test)
      So I want to set the last change time to „never“ (or empty) after the (monthly) test to see at first glance that a real fire alarm didn‘t occur.
      Do you know what I mean ?

Regards,

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
        So I want to set the last change time to „never“ (or empty) after the (monthly) test to see at first glance that a real fire alarm didn‘t occur.
        Do you know what I mean ?
        I think so. Unfortunately, I do not know how (or if) you can set the last change time to something other than a time value.
        If you always set it to a meaningless date, I was thinking that you would recognize that as a placeholder. (I remember old database software would sometimes display something like "1/1/1900" in a date field if no value had been entered.)

Have you tried using something like < hs.SetDeviceLastChange(nnn, Convert.ToDateTime("0")) > to see what you get?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
        X