Scene controller not updating device status in HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene controller not updating device status in HS

Newbie here just moved into house with large HS/z-wave installation and trying to figure it out.

Have a cooper single pole RF switch that is controlled by a cooper scene controller controlling a light. If I toggle the single pole switch the light comes on/off and the status is updated in HS. If I toggle the light on/off from the scene controller the light come on/off but the status is not updated in HS. I would have thought the device status is sent back to HS whether it is enabled from the scene controller or directly from pressing the switch. Is that just not how it works? Or is it not setup correctly. Thanks for pointers!

I never saw a reply to this. Am I posting to the wrong section of the forum?

Comment

Keep in mind the forums are user based help. It's not that you posted in the wrong place, it's that someone who thought they might answer your question didn't notice your post.

If I read your post correctly, your cooper scene controller doesn't update HS when it's used. This is because scene controllers bypass HS and communicate directly with the device over the zwave network. You simply need to have the scene controller also update HS when it's used.

I have a copper 5 button scene controller and found I needed to add HS to each button to update properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cooper.PNG
Views:	202
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1435313

First Load scene from devices
      Then, as circled, pick 'Homeseer' under Add a device to be controlled. Click 'Add' then Save Scene changes.

HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks JMaddox!

The scene controller works with HS fine. The part that I was questioning is that the RF switch that the scene controller controls does not seem to communicate with HS. I looked at the config and it is different that the scene controller. It does not have option to add a device to control. But it does have an association to HS which I would think would send the status back. Or do I misunderstand how associations work?

Comment

Working...
        X