Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After windows 10 update zwave is not working

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    After windows 10 update zwave is not working

    I woke up this morning to find that the homseer server had restarted to install a windows update. Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    After this no Zwave device will work. I can hardly get the manage plugin's page or zwave setting page to load in the web interface. I have to constantly restart homeseer, because if I try to access the zwave part of any device, it locks up. Ex. "testing connectivity" on a dimmer.

    After restart I am able to go to the plugin manager page and it says that everything is ok, and everything seems to load ok in the startup log.

    Is anyone else have this problem? What should I look for? I have never had a problem at all in years.

    Current Date/Time: 11/14/2020 11:26:45 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 2 Minutes 28 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.77
    Number of Devices: 298
    Number of Events: 23
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Avast Antivirus Windows Defender Avast Antivirus
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: asustek computer inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.30.0: BLLock
    3.4.1.0: Caddx
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.33: Ecobee
    3.0.0.34: ImperiHome
    3.0.7243.31661: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave


    #2
    It just gave me this error in the manage plugin page:

    CRITICAL: Failed to get InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

    Comment


      #3
      What zwave device are you using? Znet, Usb stick?

      Comment


        #4
        Homeseer Smartstick

        Comment


          #5
          it just gave me this:

          WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

          Error from log:

          11/14/2020 11:45:00 AM ~!~Z-Wave~!~InitIO called, plug-in version 3.0.1.252 is being initialized...
          11/14/2020 11:45:00 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): Z-Wave Instance::General error setting up environment in InitIO: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.87.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at HSPI_ZWave.ZWDatabase.GetDBVersion(Boolean& InvalidDatabase) at HSPI_ZWave.Database_Utils.LoadConfig(String filename) at HSPI_ZWave.HSPI.InitIO(String port) Time to load: 56 milliseconds
          11/14/2020 11:45:00 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Z-Wave loaded in 403 milliseconds

          Comment


            #6
            Check your ports in Windows device manager and be sure your USB ports are properly configured. Then check that the proper serial port is selected for your Smartstick on the controller management page.
            -Wade

            Comment


              #7
              Yes I did that, and it is all correct and the same as it has always been.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by victorb17 View Post
                Yes I did that, and it is all correct and the same as it has always been.
                Sadly, that does not mean that something else changed after the win10 update. cc4005 is right, this is probably a serial port issue. Easy to try other comm ports and test to see if it works. Not unusual for those to get swapped.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

                  Sadly, that does not mean that something else changed after the win10 update. cc4005 is right, this is probably a serial port issue. Easy to try other comm ports and test to see if it works. Not unusual for those to get swapped.
                  Yes that fixed it! I changed ports and it worked!

                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by victorb17 View Post

                    Yes that fixed it! I changed ports and it worked!

                    Thanks!
                    Glad! Figured that was it. Not really sure why it happens, but i've seen it countless times.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X