Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I seem to have 2 different devices with same node #??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to have 2 different devices with same node #??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 1.44.34 PM.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1442699Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 1.45.26 PM.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1442700
    I'm confused, I've got 2 different sections of my devices page showing something it thinks is Node 15? What does it mean, and how do I get rid of what I think is the wrong (top) one?

Had that happen to me, I think I fixed it by doing a test connectivity. Figuring out which one didn't respond. Did a re-scan all nodes. Deleted the one that didn't respond with a remove bad node command and then re-added it back to the network. You get a different node id but at least it straitened it out for me. Looks like HS3 burps sometimes. I can't remember doing anything special to the two devices that eventually were assigned the same node.

But one of them will respond to a Test Connectivity, The other won't that that will be your cue to remove and re-add it.

Comment

Check Node Information page (Plugins->Z-Wave->Node Information) to see what it says for node 15. It'll probably be pointing to the device in your second image.

Next open the offending device's Z-Wave tab and see what node number is actually assigned. If it indeed indicates node 15 then try 'Test Connectivity' then 'Remove Bad Node'. Mouse over the Remove Bad Node button for a description.

Note: if you have multiple Z-Wave networks and these two aren't on the same network, this isn't an issue.

Comment

Ok so I checked the Z-wave tab on the bad one (it indeed was the top one I showed in the post) and it says:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 5.40.58 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	1442811

So clearly that's the problem. How do I get rid of it (ideally without upsetting the real node 15)? Because it does still mention #15 in "associated devices:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 5.43.21 AM.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1442812

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 5.43.06 AM.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1442816
        Attached Files

Comment