HomeTroller SEL PRO HS3 Won't Autostart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller SEL PRO HS3 Won't Autostart

I've had my HomeTroller SEL PRO HS3 for more than two years. From the beginning, I have always operated it headless. We have occasional power outages, and I've always appreciated that, once power is restored, HS3 would restart automatically.

On 1/27 we had two outages here, each lasting about an hour. After the second outage, HS3 did not restart automatically. I found that the only way I could get it running again was to hook up a mouse, monitor, and keyboard. Power application led me to a choice of "repair HS3" or "reset system" -- or something like that. I chose the repair option, and subsequently got to log in successfully.

With HS3 running locally, I found that I could once again connect via Ethernet from a browser running on another computer on my LAN. As near as I can tell, at this point, everything was again running normally -- events, logs, plug-ins, device status and control. BUT, when power is removed for any reason, I have the same problem: no autostart.

I think that, on at least one or two occasions, after local login, HS3 was unable to control either of my two Z-NETs. I have always managed to recover from that problem by initiating a restart from the browser control window. And restarts initiated from a browser always appear to work.

I have very limited knowledge of Linux. Other than the normal changes caused by logs, event creation and mods, plug-in installations and updates, etc., I am unaware of anything I may have done to modify the original configuration. I am able to access the HomeTroller via Putty and WinSCP, and I generally can edit and copy files between machines, but that's about it. I have a full backup of (just) the HomeSeer folder made only a couple of days before the failure, but I don't have any backups of files outside the HomeSeer folder domain.

I have searched the forums for this subject. Unfortunately, most postings related to the Windows platform. Forum discussions that target the Linux platform are at a level beyond my abilities.

Can anyone suggest a repair approach that I can handle? Thanks in advance.

-Eric

Current Date/Time: 2/13/2021 2:23:55 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 3 Hours 25 Minutes 41 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.105
    Number of Devices: 355
    Number of Events: 398
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 3
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.0.0.166: Arduino Plugin
    1.38.0.0: Big5
    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.35.0: BLLock
    1.0.1.0: BLTEDPro
    3.1.3.0: Device History
    3.0.0.71: EasyTrigger
    3.0.2.22: OMNI
    3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

On the HS-Pi units, autostart is done via /etc/rc.local. To start, post contents of that.

Code:
    more /etc/rc.local

Comment

/etc/rc.local:

Code:
      #!/bin/sh -e
      #
      # rc.local
      #
      # This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
      # Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
      # value on error.
      #
      # In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
      # bits.
      #
      # By default this script does nothing.
      # add Cooper Z-Wave USB interface to FTDI driver
      sudo modprobe ftdi-sio
      sudo echo 0403 c07f > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/ftdi_sio/new_id
      #
      sudo /usr/local/HomeSeer/autostart_hs &
      printf "HomeSeer is starting..."

sudo /etc/init.d/lighttpd start
      sudo /usr/local/HomeSeer/register_with_find.sh
      exit 0

Comment

/usr/local/HomeSeer/autostart_hs:

Code:
        #!/bin/sh
        export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
        cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
        mono HSConsole.exe

Comment

That appears as expected.

Something to try ... the '-e' option on the first line causes execution to cease as soon as an error is encountered. If the modprobe or the command that follows it errors out, it won't run the HS startup. Try editing the file and remove the '-e':

First, backup
          Code:
          sudo cp -a /etc/rc.local{,-bak}
          Then
          Code:
          sudo nano /etc/rc.local
          Change the first line to read
          Code:
          #!/bin/sh

Comment

Working...
          X