Zipato NE-NAS-DS01Z.US door/window sensor & HS3Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zipato NE-NAS-DS01Z.US door/window sensor & HS3Pro

I did a bunch of searches, found all kinds of talk of other devices...anyone have any experience with these for communication/compatibility with HS3 using a HS SmartStick+ ??
    I was actually looking at them as they can be gotten relatively inexpensively and they look like the reed switch is pretty exposed so I was thinking i could solder wires to either side of the reed and attach a momentary NC switch or similar to make a cheap(er) z-wave switch.
    I would probably have to notch the case for the wires (or fed out the back) if the cover has a tamper.

Any experience knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Roger

So no one has any experience with this device and HS3? How about Zipato devices in general?
    maybe I'll just get them anyway and try it out and then I can tell everyone how they work. lol

Comment

I have not used that brand but it looks suspiciously like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IF it comes from the same source, then they work fine with HS3/HS4. I have 18 of them deployed and they have worked flawlessly for 2 years.

I did the same thing 2 years ago - no one knew anything about the brand, but if you buy them from Amazon and they don't work as expected... returns are no muss, no fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
        I have not used that brand but it looks suspiciously like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IF it comes from the same source, then they work fine with HS3/HS4. I have 18 of them deployed and they have worked flawlessly for 2 years.

I did the same thing 2 years ago - no one knew anything about the brand, but if you buy them from Amazon and they don't work as expected... returns are no muss, no fuss.
        thanks.... those do look quite the same, the LED and disassembly button kinda cinch it. Since they are likely the same form/mold.... and all i've seen of the interior so far was a drawing in the manual. is the reed switch exposed on yours where I could solder wires to either side for a manual switch in place of the magnet?

thanks again for your input.

Roger

Comment

My recollection is that the reed switch is under the PCB. Don't recall if it looked like the PCB was easily detached from the plastic housing.

I'll check when I get home and let you know.

Comment

That'd be great, thanks much!

Comment

I believe I heard somewhere that a picture is worth a thousand words...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Door Sensor.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1470593

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
                I believe I heard somewhere that a picture is worth a thousand words...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Door Sensor.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	1470593
                Yeah... it is, 😁 and i give you 1000 thanks as well.
                definitely not what i expected. LoL

Comment

Working...
                X