Numerous error messages suddenly generated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numerous error messages suddenly generated

Since the past few days, I am regularly seeing the following error message (which makes no sense to me!) in the log :

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.Stream.ReadByte() at .() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at .() at .()

I am running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548 (the last version, I believe) and have not made any system changes for some time.

The system is still chugging away, but I'd like to understand and eliminate these messages, which get picked up by Jon00's log monitor ........ and it doesn't digest the message at all.

Any ideas?

This appears to be a .net "networking" error. Which plugins are you running? Have you tried restarting HS3?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm only running zwave, x10,blrf,netcam and restart plugins andthe first thing I tried was to restart HS3 - no change.

Comment

Seeing that you are using netcam, I'd look there first. Could you be having a problem with a camera? For starters, disable the plugin. The exception indicates that there is a socket issue with some configured destination ip device/address. Other than that, is your system calling a script which goes out on the net to get info such as weather data etc? It could be anything which tries to secure a network connection. Use the process of elimination to troubleshoot.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks for the various suggestions........

So, the good news is that the error messages seem to have stopped (at least none at all in past 3 days). The only action I have taken was to run Windows update on my host machine.

However, the bad news is that, prior to this, I decided to update my various plugins and following the X10 update from v 3.0.0.49 to 3.0.0.50, the plugin gives a fatal error. I've hardly any x10 devices still installed - a few motion sensors (which I still find more sensitive than the Fibaro z-wave ones) and an old electronic barking dog (!) - who is now silent.........

Comment

Working...
          X