Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to debug "device has been on for more than 1 hour"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to debug "device has been on for more than 1 hour"?

I have a very simple event that should trigger when a device (it's a z-wave wall switch) has been on for more than 1 hour. It seems straightforward enough to write the rule, but it's not triggering even if it's been more than an hour. How do I debug it - how do I find out how long HS3 thinks it's been on? I guess I could set a timer when it goes on and do it off the timer, but surely that's overkill for this simple application?

The last changed time should give you an idea. in the Device list view it's the right column. in grid view it's at the bottom.

I would also suggest you change your event time to something much shorter for testing purposes while you work out the kinks.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

What kind of wall switch are we talking about? If it is not a ZWave+ switch (or an Instant Status switch), then the switch will not notify Homeseer when it changes state. If Homeseer is not notified, Homeseer will not start that timer.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
        What kind of wall switch are we talking about? If it is not a ZWave+ switch (or an Instant Status switch), then the switch will not notify Homeseer when it changes state. If Homeseer is not notified, Homeseer will not start that timer.
        It is a GE Z-Wave Wireless Smart Lighting Control Light Switch, On/Off Paddle, In-Wall. It used to work (shut off after an hour, according to my rule) but then stopped. I don't know if it's a hardware thing (and I can't find the breaker to "reboot it"...) or an HS3 thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post

It is a GE Z-Wave Wireless Smart Lighting Control Light Switch, On/Off Paddle, In-Wall. It used to work (shut off after an hour, according to my rule) but then stopped. I don't know if it's a hardware thing (and I can't find the breaker to "reboot it"...) or an HS3 thing.
          Do you have the model number? I have some of those switches in the older versions, and they do not have true Instant Status. They do have a modified status indication though, in that they will notify the ZWave hub if the hub and the switch can communicate directly (i.e. not relaying through an intermediate ZWave node). I believe the newer GE switches are ZWave+ and Instant Status though (their newer ZWave plug-in modules are).

You could check the Homeseer system log to see if the light on indication is being received by Homeseer (Menu "View" then "Log").

Comment

I think the model number is "GE12722". In the Log, I see messages about it being forced to OFF by a rule (Device Control), but apparently nothing about it being turned on - that's probably why it doesn't know it's been on for an hour. I swear though, it used to work!!

Comment

Working...
            X