RCS Serial thermostat not showing current temperature in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS Serial thermostat not showing current temperature in HS3

In an attempt to finally get my HS3 system up and running, I have connected HS3 to our house thermostat.

The RCS Serial plugin lets me control the thermostat as expected (can set Modes, control the Fan, set Cool and Heat temperatures). But HS3 shows the current temperature as 0. The thermostat is displaying the temperature as 75 degrees.

Any ideas on what step or setting I am missing?

With some more testing, have found HS3 can send information to the thermostat, but HS3 is not able to read ANY information from the thermostat. (It is a RCS TR16 RS485 Serial Thermostat).

Comment

Review the "parameter" settings on the device. I had a similar problem on another type thermostat and found that it had parameter settings that block some reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
        Review the "parameter" settings on the device. I had a similar problem on another type thermostat and found that it had parameter settings that block some reporting.
        Found a HSPI_RCSSERIAL.exe from sdwinkelman and installed that. And then re-did the RCS thermostat install on HS3 while paying close attention to BobSpen's sage advice. HS3 is now updating and working as expected.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X