Lost info after crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost info after crash

Hi, I have a small problem. Once a week or so I have some sort of system issue where I have to restart and HS has not shut down properly. I log stuff externally or I use internal vars to store stuff and I lose it when this happens. When HS is shutdown normally all is fine though.

I suspect it's some sort of caching issue where things aren't immediately written or stored, there's a crash,, and contents of the cache are lost.

Is there a way to force HS to write/update stuff short of a periodic shutdown/restart?
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Yes, from an immediate script command:

Code:
    &hs.backupdb
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Yes, from an immediate script command:

Code:
      &hs.backupdb
      Thanks. It looks like that will cause an immediate database backup, but how does one utilize that on a restart? Is there a parameter on restarting hs to indicate what backup database to use? While this may well help with the random and incorrect status of devices, what I'd rather have is some sort of way to tell hs not to buffer or cache i/o stuff, but update the db and commit every time there's a transaction so the dB is always current (so to speak).

Apologize if I'm incorrectly assuming what hs is doing. It just seems apparent when on a restart devices show incorrect status.
      Regards,
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mmn View Post

Thanks. It looks like that will cause an immediate database backup, but how does one utilize that on a restart? Is there a parameter on restarting hs to indicate what backup database to use?
        Just rename the latest date .hsd, they will have sequential numbers after the HomeSeerData. Shut down HS, rename the current to something like .old. Rename the one you created to HomeSeerData.hsd and restart HS.

You can also create a local backup of the entire HS config on your local machine from the Setup->General menu. Just click on Backup Config. It will create a zip file that it will save to location on your local machine. You can then issue a restore config and then just restart HS for it to load the new config. There will even be a message to tell you that HS needs restarted.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Think I got it sorted.
          Regards,
          Michael

Comment

Working...
          X