Anyone using Fibaro Smart Implants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using Fibaro Smart Implants?

Anyone using the fibaro smart implant? Not the universal binary sensor. If so can you check the speed is running at please.

It should be under the controller nodes section.

Thanks

Manufacturer:
    Fibaro System
    Type:
    0x502
    ID:
    0x3000
    Listens:
    Yes
    Version: 6.02 (ZDK 6.81.2) Firmware: 5.1Hardware: 2 Neighbor Count:
    Speed:
    100Kbps

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
      Manufacturer:
      Fibaro System
      Type:
      0x502
      ID:
      0x3000
      Listens:
      Yes
      Version: 6.02 (ZDK 6.81.2) Firmware: 5.1Hardware: 2 Neighbor Count:
      Speed:
      100Kbps
      Exactly what I wanted, thanks

Comment

I just spoke with Tyler in Support at HomeSeer about this Smart Implant device. He looked in the call log and said they had only a few requests for help on it. I mentioned that there a many comments and requests for help on this forum and he said if they don’t get Support calls for an item they don’t log the requests and don’t add the feature to the Z-Wave driver.

May I suggest that all of you call HS Support at 603-471-2816 and ask for this device to be supported in the code base. Only then will it ever work right.​

Comment

I'm not ringing a US telephone number from the UK. Why on earth can they not log it via the usual method?
          I've recently moved 90% of my system to Home Assistant and every z-wave device including the smart implant was recognised immediately. Not only that, because HA properly supports changing protection classes, I clicked one toggle button and it immediately disconnected the inputs from the outputs, which is something impossible with Homeseers current outdated software.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartyPants View Post
            I'm not ringing a US telephone number from the UK. Why on earth can they not log it via the usual method?
            I've recently moved 90% of my system to Home Assistant and every z-wave device including the smart implant was recognised immediately. Not only that, because HA properly supports changing protection classes, I clicked one toggle button and it immediately disconnected the inputs from the outputs, which is something impossible with Homeseers current outdated software.
            Just open a ticket - that's what I did. Matt will have you submit a bunch of stuff, but at least it gets into the system.
            I tried pointing Matt to another thread where Rich mentioned he was working on this and Matt didnt want to get the thread info
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

No one said you had to call a U.S. number just to get support... that was a misguided comment from a forum user. You do know the difference, right?

Seems like you just wanted an opportunity to throw a stone on how great HA is and how bad HS is. Wishing you well on your new automation platform.

Comment

I too saw a HA demo video that showed how easily and thoroughly the Fibaro Implant integrated into HA. It was impressive. So much so that I started looking around at HA to see what it looks like. It looks great. I do wish HS would catch up at least visually. HS4 wastes so much space compared to HS3 and i cannot get HS4 Devices to look suitable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by allenc3 View Post

I too saw a HA demo video that showed how easily and thoroughly the Fibaro Implant integrated into HA. It was impressive. So much so that I started looking around at HA to see what it looks like. It looks great. I do wish HS would catch up at least visually. HS4 wastes so much space compared to HS3 and i cannot get HS4 Devices to look suitable to me.
                  I'm not going into detail here because as much as I think HS3 is great, HA has taken my home automation to a whole new level.
                  there is a learning curve like anything. But because HA is now so polished, I've not had any problems getting everything to work and far quicker than I did with HS.

If you need a dashboard, the standard dashboard looks good, it's ultra flexible, very quick to setup and one of the best things about it all, is that the mobile app is an exact replica of the browser. So when you're configuring HA or even just using the dashboard, you can switch to mobile and continue where you left off with everything in the same place, menus, buttons, etc, it's very seamless.

I spent much time messing with virtual devices and naming them and general nonsense in HS that I look back and realise that most of my time with HS was a ball ache in comparison, especially with the amount of scripts I had to write.

There are so many integrations with HA that I've not written one script yet.

Things will undoubtedly break, just like with HS, but I'm backed up and cautious of updates, as with all software. So far to date 98% of my zwave is now on HA and my network had never run so fast and reliable.

HS is great, but it's fast getting left behind.

Comment

I'm afraid that I have to agree that HS is falling behind. My HS3 has been ultra reliable since I set it up 7 years ago. I now will upgrade or attempt to this week to HS4, but from what I see, the UI is somewhat disappointing. The only reason I'm doing so is because DarkSky ended its public API and being in Canada, I have no other option with WeatherXML. Wish me luck... 😆
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                      I'm afraid that I have to agree that HS is falling behind. My HS3 has been ultra reliable since I set it up 7 years ago. I now will upgrade or attempt to this week to HS4, but from what I see, the UI is somewhat disappointing. The only reason I'm doing so is because DarkSky ended its public API and being in Canada, I have no other option with WeatherXML. Wish me luck... 😆
                      It is important to keep in mind, while the forums are chalk full of bad stuff about hs upgrades, rarely do you see a successful post about it because that's just how internet forums work. The successful ones don't have a reason to post or join the forum so they don't. Mine was a successful in place upgrade, no issues as a result of the upgrade, been running for hs4 for a long time. As far as the UI goes even with hs3, the UI was never really designed with the device view as your primary purpose of interaction with HS. You need something like hstouch or hstile to give it a "dashboard" to really make it what it should be once you get beyond a few devices. I am over 1000 devices in homeseer and even in hs3 there is no way the default device ui would cut it for interaction with HS on a regular basis, beyond administrative functions like editing an event or updating plugins. I have never understood the whining and complaints about the UI in hs4 because honestly I rarely ever look at it(and shouldn't have to because it works!), and when I do I can still do what I want easily...

Comment

Well... I'll post a successful upgrade if all goes well. I'm certainly not bashing HS as I'm approaching 20 years of using it starting with v1.6.

When HST publicly posted screen shots of the HS4 UI, my first comment was about the re-estate consumed. One other thing that I'm concerned with is storing/updating a json flat file compared to using a RDBMS. File IO is a costly transaction.

I'll continue with HS as I've got so much history and have gone through every iteration of its product set.
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                        X