ZWave Ring Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZWave Ring Devices

Hello All. I am back at HA with a Ring Smart Home. No thumbs up there. Previous owner is not able to remove any devices from their many accounts to enable my use.
    Yale, Ring, Nest. All no go without previous owner removing. Fine. Researched Zwave a bit, HomeSeer can do this and I recently purchased a Smartstick+ G3.
    Devices:
    Yale lock, easy, has august connect BTLE module, need ZWave module. Out of stock at yale. So later. Should be easy.
    Nest thermostat, wireless. No go. I'm fine using it as just a programmable thermostat. It works great with app and wireless off.
    Of note, Nest was not wired with a common wire, so causing relays in furnace to squeel when it was charging. The wiring to it is 8 wire tele cable. They just didn't know.
    Ring alarm kit. Lots of research again. Started with motion sensor, repeater, and door sensors. Bang. All were configured into nodes and working.
    I'm missing a supervisory node in the motion sensor. It shows the command class supported. Not a big issue.
    So with my success I picked up the Ring V.1 keypad and researched again. Went to add the node fearing failure. It configured and is working to some extent. Proximity sensor and light level works great. I have all the buttons except the keypad 0-9.
    More research. I found this ---> https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewto...24673&p=199484 It would be awesome to have the leds controlled too as shown lower down in the link.
    In my network the Entry Control Device is giving a value of 0 on any/all numeric keys for a second or two before it is switched to a value of 1 internally. All other keys give unique values.
    I think the key length and sequence need parsing out from the frame the keypad sends. Obviously all the other keys are parsed.
    The keypad is sending the numbers as the link posted shows.
    Is there a way, for me, to get at the raw hex zwave data in HomeSeer? I see all the other options to sniff the zwave network.
    Is there a way thru HS?
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

I have discovered the ZWaveControllerUI and it looks like I can create a custom command class?
    On the presumption that I can figure the app out. I see no help docs...
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

I dont recall anyone on the HS platform that can build a custom command class for Z-Wave.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        Previous owner is not able to remove any devices from their many accounts to enable my use.
        Not that this helps you, but this is why I set up a gmail address for my house. I use it for any devices that are likely to stay with the house when we sell (doorbell, appliances, etc.) When I sell I can transfer the email account to the new owner.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          I dont recall anyone on the HS platform that can build a custom command class for Z-Wave.
          I think if one created some new device hardware. Anyways, it is not necessary. The device in HS is created as designed. After toying with the zwave tool, and finding the zwaveconfig page in HS for legible logging I see the payload is there and is meant to be handed off securely to the target device. It is working. All 8 devices. Minus the hub. Nice.

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
          Previous owner is not able to remove any devices from their many accounts to enable my use.

Not that this helps you, but this is why I set up a gmail address for my house. I use it for any devices that are likely to stay with the house when we sell (doorbell, appliances, etc.) When I sell I can transfer the email account to the new owner.
          Most would never think of that. A portfolio for the house would be great.

Not sure it would be worth chasing down all the different accounts if the logins were gone with the owner...

Comment

Working...
          X