Linked Zwave device status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked Zwave device status

If I link two Zwave devices, the controlled device changes its displayed status correctly but the linked device status stays the same. Is there any way to correct that?
    For example below, device 70 was switched off and device 120 went off too but its status stayed as On.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-26 230941.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1559264
    Malcolm

Maybe I asked the wrong question? What is it that sets the status text? Clearly, device "120 Light Switch" is off. The graphic displayed is the Off graphic. Yet the text remains at On. Why?
    Malcolm

Comment

Just a couple of thoughts:
      1) Are the switches "newer" and have "instant status"? I have a couple of older model100(Homeseer Brand) dimmer switches which are cross linked and they both track on/off and dim level.
      2) if they are not "instant" status" switches you might have to setup an event that triggers on either switch changing state, then "poll" both switches to get current status.

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
        What is it that sets the status text?
        The status text is set on the Status Graphics tab.

Click on the '120 Light Switch' link and select 'Status Graphics' tab. Text for the Off and On states are highlighted below.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, but...

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-28 072849.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1559476Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-28 072954.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1559477
          Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
            Just a couple of thoughts:
            1) Are the switches "newer" and have "instant status"? I have a couple of older model100(Homeseer Brand) dimmer switches which are cross-linked and they both track on/off and dim level.
            2) if they are not "instant" status" switches you might have to set up an event that triggers on either switch changing state, then "poll" both switches to get the current status.
            They are both Qubino Mini Dimmers. I have used these for quite some time and almost all my light switches have now been converted to use these. Not sure if they have instant status?

An event to force it was going to be my last resort.

I just don't understand why HS is changing the graphic to show the off status but not the text. I only noticed it when I set up a view to show me all the devices that are currently on. It stuck out in the resultant list as having the off graphic and physically not on. Very strange.
            Malcolm

Comment

Why does in the device list you first posted it looks like device ID 120 (?) has two entries, once as a dimmer and once as a binary switch? And it looks like the binary switch has the latest change?

I had a problem once where a dimmer device in HS was never created correctly, when I tried to control it through events or linking it would always update the incorrect child feature. By deleting/excluding the device from HS and then readding it, things then operated correctly moving forward.

Comment

All the qubino devices create five HS devices. I only ever control the multi level / dimmer one either by the Web view or by motion detected events.

I've tried removing and adding these two dimmers again (such a pfaff!) tonight but I have the same result.
                Malcolm

Comment

Look at the pic you posted in the first message... both dimmer devices 120 and 70 are in total agreement, they both show the same status and they both have identical timestamps of when updated. Linking is working as intended.

What happens when you turn on either of these dimmers, does the binary HS device turn on?

Comment

With respect i think you've missed my point TC1. The physical devices & lights are working perfectly. It's the status in the Web view that's not . 120 and 70 are both Off in the first pic yet the text for 120 (the dimmer) says On.

Ignore the Power device. They always say On. There's one for 70 which is the same but not in the pic. Here's what they both show this morning having excluded and re included last night...

Name:	20220729_081701.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1559674

Name:	Screenshot_20220729-081624.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1559673
                    Malcolm

Comment

What does the 'Advanced' tab show?

The numeric value is mapped to a text label per the Value-Status pairs on the Status Graphics tab. If Device String is non-blank (unlikely), that will override value-status mapping.

If the numeric value is zero and the displayed label isn't 'Off', there may be a bug in the processing of linked devices.

However, this being HS3, its not going to get fixed. So you may have to live with it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
                        With respect i think you've missed my point TC1. The physical devices & lights are working perfectly. It's the status in the Web view that's not . 120 and 70 are both Off in the first pic yet the text for 120 (the dimmer) says On.
                        Yep, you're right I missed that because the graphic icon showed it as off. I'm a very visual person and the first thing my brain processes is the graphic representation. Why the status text is not lining up with the graphic representation is beyond me since I don't use HS3, as others have pointed out, it might be a bug that you'll have to live with.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a bug as I run HS3 and have two zooz switches linked together which reports the status correctly for both switches.
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                            What does the 'Advanced' tab show?

The numeric value is mapped to a text label per the Value-Status pairs on the Status Graphics tab. If Device String is non-blank (unlikely), that will override value-status mapping.

If the numeric value is zero and the displayed label isn't 'Off', there may be a bug in the processing of linked devices.

However, this being HS3, its not going to get fixed. So you may have to live with it.
                            So there you go....

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-29 145711.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1559701
                            Malcolm

Comment

...and as these devices are predominantly controlled by motion sensor events I just added a "set Device String To" there.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-29 150728.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1559705Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-29 150811.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1559706
                              Malcolm

Comment

Working...