Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 version of HSTV

Hi Jeff,

Are you planning an HS3 version of HSTV? Perhaps the highest WAF of any of my projects was adding the current scheduled show to my HS Touch screens that control the home theater.

Thank you

Chris

I've been going back and forth on this one.

I got off to a quick start on converting my smaller plugins when a necessary change to HS3 broke the ones that I had done.

Couple that with my not having much computer time anymore and I just don't know at this point. HSTV has a ton of code that would have to be re-written and I don't see having that much time in the foreseeable future.

I use it a lot myself and want to move it to HS3. It just depends.

I know this isn't really a good answer but I don't want to promise something that I may not be able to keep.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I completely understand and appreciate all the energy you have expended on your plug-ins! HSTV is like a Swiss army knife and I can imagine what the update would look like.

I am willing to assist in any way (other than change the time space continuum to get you more hours in the day). My needs would on HSTV are at the simplest level. If you have interest I would be willing to lend a hand converting those or others.

Again, thank you for your efforts. Let me know what I might be able to do to help.

Chris

Comment

I'd certainly miss it.....
        Don

Comment

Yep.

This is clearly one of the best!

Comment

PLEASE?

Seriously, this is one of my most used plug-ins. Not sure I want to move to HS3 without it.

I use HS for both automation and Home Theater and HSTV is at the center.

Comment

HSTV has a lot of features.

I am interested in which parts of HSTV you would want to make sure made it into a HS3 version.

As I have posted I use this plugin a lot for spoken reminders so I do want to still have that ability in HS3.

I will most likely do a section at a time to move this to HS3. So here is your chance to tell me what parts of HSTV you use.

Sections that I see as needed are:
              Download and Import of data.
              Favorites Spoken
              VR Setup
              Search Page
              Category List Page
              Scheduled Page
              Options Page
              Channel Selection Page

Sections that I don't see being needed anymore are:
              Control
              Multiple User Settings
              TV Listings Page
              TV Grid Page
              Create Devices for whats on a channel
              Plugin Integration Options
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                Favorites Spoken
                VR Setup
                Search Page
                Category List Page
                Scheduled Page
                Options Page
                Channel Selection Page
                Personally, the above is what I mostly use. Favorites are search and reminders. The stuff below I don't use much. Love this plugin.
                Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                Control
                Multiple User Settings
                TV Listings Page
                TV Grid Page
                Don

Comment

I am even easier. I use the download and import function to load the tables and a script to load the shows into about 50 devices. This allows me to do some pretty fun stuff with HS Touch and such

Chris
                  Attached Files

Comment

I use HSTV to program my Dreambox for recording.
                    The record event starts a script that sends all the HTML commands to set a recording in the Dreambox.
                    Events are created on the TV Listenings page and my overview is on the events page.
                    HSTV is one of the few things that stop me switching to HS3.
                    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                      I use HSTV to program my Dreambox for recording.
                      The record event starts a script that sends all the HTML commands to set a recording in the Dreambox.
                      Events are created on the TV Listenings page and my overview is on the events page.
                      HSTV is one of the few things that stop me switching to HS3.

Of all the sections in HSTV, which ones would you want to see in HS3?

Favorites Spoken
                      VR Setup
                      Search Page
                      Category List Page
                      Scheduled Page
                      Options Page
                      Channel Selection Page

Control
                      Multiple User Settings
                      TV Listings Page
                      TV Grid Page
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

So, did HSTV make it to HS3?
                        I didn't see it in the HS3 plugin downloads area.

Thanks,
                        Tim
                        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                          So, did HSTV make it to HS3?
                          I didn't see it in the HS3 plugin downloads area.

Thanks,
                          Tim
                          Not yet.
                          But I am working on it. I started on it around the 1st of May.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hs3

Great news!

One of the biggest reasons I have not upgraded is HSTV. I actually use the guide and events to set DVR recordings when I am away

I also like the repeat function to learn when missed shows will air again

Thanks again for all your hard work on this - definitely willing to pay for this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd like to see the TV Listings page - that's what we used the most here. I like being able to see all the show details in one place and click a channel icon to change channels. Great WAF!

Also, when I moved away from satellite to local digital channels, HSTV broke. Seems the coding assumes channel numbers are numeric, but digital channels take the form 7-1 or 12-3. Maybe you can recode for this in the new version, Jeff?

Thanks.
                              |
                              | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                              HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Working...
                              X