No announcement yet.

HS3 Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a NUC DCCP847DYE for my new HS PC. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...pkw=dccp847dye

Only "problem" is it use msata. Mine got an msata 64GB SSD. Cheap, small, don't use much power. I like it. :-)

Regards
    Morten

Comment

Thank you Dan; stumbled on the BCM motherboards accidently.

Personally I don't think there will be an issue running HS3 on whatever.

Takes me back a bit though running HS 1.X on an overclocked to 600Mhz AMD legacy free box that only had USB ports on it. CM11A and AT&T TTS worked fine with it.

Today mcsSprinklers is running off a memory stick with an Archlinux OS and Arm based 1.2 Ghz CPU and doing just fine. Never breaks or crashes.

I am guessing once that HS is ported over to Linux it will be the same (being very optimistic here).
      Attached Files
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Morton,

Very nice!

You the first person running HS on a pico PC that I know of on this forum!
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
          Nice, and it's cat proof...
          Who's the vendor?
          It had a yellow sticker on the outside, and that was the only identifying mark. I'll look tonight when I get home.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Very nice Rob.

Curious what MFG of motherboard you will be using in your 1U box?
          I'm very happy with the FoxConn, so I dont mind having one of those. I do want to stay away from GigaByte - had a bad experience with them.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I wish I had more knowledge in computers, I would really like to have a small foot print pc and a SSD for HS...... The one illustrated looks great.
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
              Nice, and it's cat proof...
              Who's the vendor?
              It's a Hubbell. I'ts very large. I installed it to a plywood panel with lags. The front hinged door has a dark plexiglass insert and the back hinge swings out with full access to the back of the components.
              Attached Files
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Hi Rotech.

My new Homeseer PC is made of:

Intel Next Unit of Computing Kit DCCP847DYE http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...ccp847dye.html
                Plextor M5M PX-64M5M Solid state drive 64 GB http://www.plextor-digital.com/index...a/M5M/m5m.html
                2 X DDR3 1333 1 GB SO-DIMM ram
                and an USB hub.

Price in $ must be around 350. And it dosn't use much power.

So far looking realy good. But it has only been running for a month.

Regards
                Morten

Comment

Yesterday I happened to be reading the May 2013 edition of the magazine PCWorld that has been sitting around here (bathroom library) and read the attached article relating to the Intel's NUC (DC3217BY model).

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20205...ntels-nuc.html
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I have one running XBMC from a 8GB USB stick too. It's a good setup. But that's off topic.

Comment

My next HVAC PC is a Minix 2700 with 2x 2GB SODIMM DDR3,and 32 GB Kingmax SSD

Minix HD PC Atom 2.3 GHz dual core and HT

Comment

Is there any preffereble minimum hardware for this?

Im trying now on my server. Its a Intel Core 2 Duo 2,66ghz with 2gb memory and a 128gb Samsung 850PRO SSD. But i also use this server for torrent download etc. Not that it need much for that.
                        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

No that will work fine. I go big or go home. Got a quad core xeon...8gb ram..

Looking at a dual qcore and 196gb ram but multipurpose

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
                            Is there any preffereble minimum hardware for this?

Im trying now on my server. Its a Intel Core 2 Duo 2,66ghz with 2gb memory and a 128gb Samsung 850PRO SSD. But i also use this server for torrent download etc. Not that it need much for that.
                            I think your processor is fine and the SSD is excellent. My thoughts on RAM is that 4gb would be the magic number. On my server with just HS3 and the associated plug-ins running, memory utilization runs right at 2gb. I know the torrent download software is not memory intensive, but at 2gb you don't have a lot to spare and you might be using swap (Virtual Memory) which could slow it down.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yeah i should look at getting more ram. Though i think i need to look for used, as i think they no longer produce ram for that platform anymore.
                              Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

A lot depends on Operating System

Assuming Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
                                Agree with rprade.
                                Processor fine.
                                2G RAM minimum and 4G is plenty
                                That's the SSD I have. I like it.
                                I did add a USB 3 external drive (now cheap) to store/move all the installation, temp and backup/image files to, plus some other utilities. I hope that keeps the SSD running smooth and fast for years with little attention and maintenance as all that other stuff/junk builds up. I installed and run Chrome off the external drive.

Linux requires much less hardware power, but has other limitations.

Comment

Working...
                                X