No announcement yet.

HS3 Teaser - Events #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to just shutting down HS2 and starting over. My database has carried over from 1.6 (12 years ago) and it has been adding/changing/removing ever since and I don't remember how most of the logic is setup. I am still on like 2.4.0.49 because that one has pretty much just worked for me and I haven't made many changes since. Granted it will be wierd not having automation for a few days, but it is what it is
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
      I am looking forward to just shutting down HS2 and starting over.
      That's my plan, too. It's a long time between major versions, so getting rid of the baggage of the past, even though the initial setup is a pain, in the long run things run better.

Kevin

Comment

Is there a possibility to add a condition event?
        I would be interresting to have an event which compare 2 devices values.

Actually, we can choose, for example:
        IF "this device has a value that is less than..." "the value" and "20"

I would like to compare 2 devices value:
        IF "this device has a value that is less than..." "other device value"

Another example: I would like to compare if the value of a Temperature device (19.5) is less than the value of the device SetModeTemperature (20)

I hope you understood....
        SD
        Last edited by steph@ne; June 19, 2013, 08:43 AM. Reason: missing info

Comment

Am I doing something wrong with this event?

I have created an event:

This event *did not* go off at 8:30. Not even a log entry

Not sure if it is the plugin fault, my fault or HS3's fault.

The group conditions are still Null/empty

These are all insteon devices and or groups.

Any ideas why?

thanks

Comment

Events Not Happening

I've got the same issue. My event to turn on lights at sunset is not firing at sunset. I've even modified it to go off at a specific time. No luck.

Anything I'm missing? I'm running HS2 (X10 only) and HS3 (Z-Wave only) on the same box.
            Attached Files

Comment

Set Group Condition Between Dates

I'm trying to set up a condition for Christmas decorations so the events run from December 1 through January 6.

I first specify:

IF The date is after... 11/30/Y

Then I click the non-intuitive green sweepy arrow thing and TRY to specify:

OR IF The date is before... 1/7/Y

But what I get is (it changes automagically when I change to "The date is before..."):

IF The Time Is... (Choose Another)
              AND IF The date is after... 11/30/Y

(BTW, notice the inconsistency in the capitalization)

So anyway, I'm not sure how to get what I want. Would have been nice to have a

The date is between... option

How do I set up a group condition for between two dates?

Comment

If you feel this is a bug, and it sounds like it is, you might be better served to report it at
                homeseer/bugzilla. That seems to be the quickest way to get a response.
                Don

Comment

:
                  Originally Posted by moskus
                  is there an option to have conditions on actions?

::
                  Originally Posted by person
                  +1 for conditional actions - i asked for this before and it would reduce number of events i use big time
                  Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  hs4
                  Isn't the "If" the conditional part of events? Unless you're referring to the "Apply conditions" on triggers of HS2? But again, having an If" with "and/or" seems like the equivalent, no?

What I would really, really like is this:
                  1- Either an "Else" facility with the "If"
                  2- Or, far second choice, the ability to execute some actions before the "If" logic is executed

Here's my justification.

If light-A Just had its value set to On
                  And If light-B Has a value of Off
                  then (true)
                  Set a presence flag to On
                  Send an email "Someones home"

Else (false: light-B Has a value of On)
                  Set light-B to Off
                  Send an email "Can't have the light bill go up"

Sure, you can VB script this, but the idea is to keep it simple via 'click' scripting.

Comment

You can still do this, but in you example, you need to create a second event to handle the light in the ON condition.

Originally posted by claude View Post
                    Isn't the "If" the conditional part of events? Unless you're referring to the "Apply conditions" on triggers of HS2? But again, having an If" with "and/or" seems like the equivalent, no?

What I would really, really like is this:
                    1- Either an "Else" facility with the "If"
                    2- Or, far second choice, the ability to execute some actions before the "If" logic is executed

Here's my justification.

If light-A Just had its value set to On
                    And If light-B Has a value of Off
                    then (true)
                    Set a presence flag to On
                    Send an email "Someones home"

Else (false: light-B Has a value of On)
                    Set light-B to Off
                    Send an email "Can't have the light bill go up"

Sure, you can VB script this, but the idea is to keep it simple via 'click' scripting.
                    đŸ’‍â™‚ï¸ Support & Customer Service đŸ™‹‍â™‚ï¸ Sales Questions đŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Reference post #54

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      You can still do this, but in you example, you need to create a second event to handle the light in the ON condition.
                      You're right. My way though, all the logic is presented in the same event.

Comment

This seems to be set up correctly to but maybe HS3 wants to see it a different way. I am trying to get an IR sent only if the device is OFF, if the Device is On, then no IR should be sent.

Event:

Device:

When I run the event manually with the device ON, the IR is still being sent.

Comment

There's some ambiguity in language choice in HS.

I think 'manually triggered' as an event trigger refers to the case where this event is triggered by another event action. When the event is triggered by the Run button (what most of us would call a manual trigger) the conditions are ignored. See the excerpt from the HS Help file below.

To test, create a separate event that has the action to run this event.
                          _
                          Attached Files
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I am using a button in HSTouch to Run the events.

I just created another event to run the original event but it still sends the IR.

I even created one with a condition and it still sent the IR.

Comment

There is a flag to have HS3 evaluate conditions with a RUN event. Here's what I've gathered on this:
                              If you click the Run button on an event in the Events page, that event is run no matter what conditions are set on it.
                              If an event has the action to run another event, and the Check Conditions option is set, HS3 will now honor that setting. The setting ONLY applies to the MANUAL trigger and the conditions under it - if an event has (for example) a device value trigger with conditions, and then OR IF manually triggered with conditions under that, only the conditions under the manual trigger (OR IF in this example) will be checked.
                              So, what you can do is setup a first event (called by HS Touch), named CVtest1 in attached images. You'll notice in the first image the aeroplane icon; when clicked, you'll get what's in the second image; you can then select 'Run only if other events conditions are TRUE'. This will force HS3 to evaluate whether your [Virtual Unknown Switch2B-1] is Off before executing your script.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention the 'Advanced' option.

I think this is a ploy to remind newbies of their place. You have to be in advanced mode before the option to allow the conditions on a 'manually' triggered event to be evaluated.

Rich,
                                Is this level of obscurity really necessary?
                                Attached Files
                                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                                X