HS3 Teaser - Events #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    There will be enough changes that you will want to start over to ensure a clean starting point.
    yeah that is what im banking on.. starting over...
    I have redone my machine recently due to a hd going bad.. and really havent setup much waiting on this beta. but this weekend i have to get things going as my family doesnt know how to turn lights off!!!!

so guess when the beta comes out I will be running in parallel for a bit but it is looking good from what im seeing!!!! cant wait...

************** edited

oh yeah.. and hopefully it stays easily usable by the simple minded people like myself whom really rely on 3rd party plugins and assistance as some of us just dont script!!!!!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Very nice!
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Looks good...like the layout.
        HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          Is there an option to have conditions on Actions?
          +1 for conditional actions - I asked for this before and it would reduce number of events I use big time

Comment

Originally posted by moskus View Post
            is there an option to have conditions on actions?
            Originally posted by person View Post
            +1 for conditional actions - i asked for this before and it would reduce number of events i use big time
            hs4
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              I think a lot of folks will benefit from the workflow and organizational changes... particularly those with hundreds of events. In HS2, we did have event "groups" but they were mostly used to identify event types. In HS3, we have both event groups AND event types.
              Yep, I do use the groups now but types and the look of your example is compelling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                hs4
                You did all that redesign work and forgot about conditions for actions?
                Does it really take a whole version number to include an extra IF statement?

[obvious joke]
                No wonder why HS3 takes time...
                [/obvious joke]
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  There will be enough changes that you will want to start over to ensure a clean starting point.
                  I am just wondering how is this possible? I would have to load the plugins onto HS3 but for some of them, Ocelot plugin comes to mind, the device needs to be connected for the devices to be created. How to do this and still keep my home running while creating all the new events, etc.??

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                    How to do this and still keep my home running while creating all the new events, etc.??
                    I have visions of turning off HS2 control, moving all my serial connections to HS3, working furiously for several hours, then moving everything back to HS2. Stir overnight, then repeat until I get HS3 working well enough - and I'm sick enough of the hassle - that I leave HS3 running and live with the disruptions caused by as yet incomplete migrations.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                      I have visions of turning off HS2 control, moving all my serial connections to HS3, working furiously for several hours, then moving everything back to HS2. Stir overnight, then repeat until I get HS3 working well enough - and I'm sick enough of the hassle - that I leave HS3 running and live with the disruptions caused by as yet incomplete migrations.
                      Wow that's also what I envisioned happening for me as well. I don't think that there is a way to start a whole new setup of HS without attaching all the interfaces to the box and then start the programming cycle.

Maybe HST has a better way for this to be accomplished....

Comment

For me, I think I'll start by copying over my scripts, events, and plugins that aren't tied to specific hardware. Once I've done that, I'll cut over to the new HS install (running on a different virtual machine), connect the hardware, and then start the long process of getting things working again. I expect my HS system to be down for at least a weekend during the transition.
                        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

HS3 and HS2 can run at the same time, so you can migrate as needed. The event engine is totally new so there was really no way to map the HS2 events. We are looking at providing a tool that would at least create events with your old names so all you have to do is re-create them.

We will have an FAQ posted soon that answer questions about pricing.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            HS3 and HS2 can run at the same time, so you can migrate as needed. The event engine is totally new so there was really no way to map the HS2 events. We are looking at providing a tool that would at least create events with your old names so all you have to do is re-create them.

We will have an FAQ posted soon that answer questions about pricing.
                            Are you saying that X10, ZWave, Insteon, and all other HS3 hardware can be in both systems list of devices? Now that would be the cat's meow!

Talk about reliability.... if the HS3 event does not activate properly, a HS2 event can handle the task say a minute later...
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

HS2 and HS3 running together

How would that ever work? How can two different programs open the same COM ports? I don't see any way you can run HS2 and HS3 at the same time. It looks like it will be turn HS2 off and run HS3, and hope for the best...and if your plugins aren't HS3 compatible, you're out of luck. This really looks like a painful process - certainly not install new program and look at all the new cool features. And what about HSTOUCH? I certainly hope that's getting a re-write, as there are huge issues with it - especially between platforms.

Comment

I kind of think Rich meant that they can both be on the same machine at the same time, and if the events can get copied over, and maybe even the devices, then we could run HS3, setup what we can, and then shut HS3 down and start HS2 to run the house.

I guess this is all guessing on our part, as the HS3 release gets closer, we will know more and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X