No announcement yet.

HS3 Teaser - Events #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, you can run both apps, but only one app can access the hardware at one time. I suppose if you used Ethernet to serial adapters and the adapter allowed multiple connections, then you could maybe have both apps control the hardware. But I doubt that would work very well. This will be helpful if say you want to get X10 working on HS3 but leave HS2 on Z-Wave for the time being.

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
    I kind of think Rich meant that they can both be on the same machine at the same time, and if the events can get copied over, and maybe even the devices, then we could run HS3, setup what we can, and then shut HS3 down and start HS2 to run the house.

I guess this is all guessing on our part, as the HS3 release gets closer, we will know more and more.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Right, you can run both apps, but only one app can access the hardware at one time. . . .This will be helpful if say you want to get X10 working on HS3 but leave HS2 on Z-Wave for the time being.
      Rich,
      My system is pretty well integrated, so there is very little that I could carve out to run on an independent setup. I bet most installations are similar.

It's going to be all or nothing for most of us, I think.

On the other hand, how about an HS2 plug-in that gives HS3 access to all existing HS2 devices? That seems like a way to allow a staged and deliberate transition.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

That's a great idea.

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Rich,
        My system is pretty well integrated, so there is very little that I could carve out to run on an independent setup. I bet most installations are similar.

It's going to be all or nothing for most of us, I think.

On the other hand, how about an HS2 plug-in that gives HS3 access to all existing HS2 devices? That seems like a way to allow a staged and deliberate transition.
        Don

Comment

HS3 and HS2 can run at the same time, so you can migrate as needed. The event engine is totally new so there was really no way to map the HS2 events. We are looking at providing a tool that would at least create events with your old names so all you have to do is re-create them.

We will have an FAQ posted soon that answer questions about pricing.
          Rich,

I think for someone like myself, 95+% of my events are just triggers for VB scripts.

So, if the API allows for creation of basic events, that would make my conversion almost seamless.
          Basically:
          • the script would be run under HS2
          • it would KNOW it is HS2 (version read)
          • Then it understands that it wants to read all the events
          • Dump all of that to a .txt, .db, .ini - whatever
          • Then run the script under HS3
          • it knows it is creating, asks for the location of the .txt, .db, .ini - whatever
          • Then it can just "create" an event

most of my triggers are for a device status change, and are for that device. I assume, fro the little I understand, that aside from the under workings of a device, if I were to look for a status change for a device, it is still the same. I am also assuming one can still just CALL a script.

INSIDE my scripts I tend to handle multi-threaded calls to the script, as well as most other things.

Also, I assume that this will still end up using the "same" HSTouch client for Android? If not, do you have plans to re-work the client for the "faster" load time at that time? If so, do you still have on the road-map a change to replace the XML file read-in, to a BINARY type of read-in for HST?

Thanks! I am finally starting to get excited! Esp. if Stipus or someone else ends up converting the Josystick plugin for HS3.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
            most of my triggers are for a device status change, and are for that device. I assume, fro the little I understand, that aside from the under workings of a device, if I were to look for a status change for a device, it is still the same. I am also assuming one can still just CALL a script.
            Dan - device status is going away (according to HST). You should be moving towards device value change.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Right, you can run both apps, but only one app can access the hardware at one time. I suppose if you used Ethernet to serial adapters and the adapter allowed multiple connections, then you could maybe have both apps control the hardware. But I doubt that would work very well. This will be helpful if say you want to get X10 working on HS3 but leave HS2 on Z-Wave for the time being.
              Could we have two systems, one with old HS2 and another with HS3 that communicate with each other?

That way I could keep my old system with older plugins that wont be upgraded to HS3 and have newer plugins that would work with HS3.

Kind of like the plugin for Main Lobby with two way communication.

Comment

My operating system is XP. My setup has been working flawless for years now. Will HS3 work with XP?
                Hector
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Will we have to upgrade HSP from the pci card to way to call? that is a very expensive upgrade along with the software etc.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    hs4
                    Well that blows the upgrade to HS 3 for me then...I have a huge numbers of these...

Comment

Hs touch and upgrade costs?

I was searching on this but couldn't find the answer.

Will there be a new Hs touch app for iPhone and android?
                      Will there be upgrade charges?

I am about to author my first set of custom screens and app but don't want to doit just to have to start over with the UI for HS 3.

Comment

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
                        Well that blows the upgrade to HS 3 for me then...I have a huge numbers of these...
                        You misunderstood the question. This isn't something that has been removed. It doesn't exist in HS2 nor will it be in HS3.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          You misunderstood the question. This isn't something that has been removed. It doesn't exist in HS2 nor will it be in HS3.
                          ... or he has multiple events with the same trigger but with different conditions and wants to reduce that number. Like me.
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                            ... or he has multiple events with the same trigger but with different conditions and wants to reduce that number. Like me.
                            I second that.

Comment

Re: HS3 Teaser - Events #1

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
                              I second that.
                              Me 2
                              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
                                I second that.
                                Me 2

Comment

Working...
                                X