hs3 and voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs3 and voices

I , as probally most people have the hs.speak module running on the same computer as homeseer. with hs3 now being windows biased, what will the voice package be? I use ivona voices rather than the default robotic voices, how wil I keep a quality similar after the switch without having to dedicate a windows pc to running hs.speak
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Re: hs3 and voices

Hs3 will Not be windows based anymore, from what i hear. Sounds like it will be more html nased, i tnink. It is supposed to be able to run on anything...
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Windows and Linux.

My fear is that plugins will have to be written differently to run on Linux vs Windows, and most plugin writers will opt to only support Windows. Pure speculation on my part.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Your talking about the plugins and scripts. Im talking about the speach that hs uses
        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

I use the AT&T Audrey and Ajali voices and have never heard any others that I like as well. I'm hoping I can bring these with me to HS3.

Comment

Zac - You can run HS3 on Windows, so I would imagine you're fine with your existing Ivona voices since they're SAPI 5.
            I had never heard of the Ivona voices - they sound amazing. I may have to look into trying them out myself. I also found this about Amazon using it on Kindle Fire:

Comment

Where can you get the Ivona voices? Are they free or is it purchased?
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                Windows and Linux.

My fear is that plugins will have to be written differently to run on Linux vs Windows, and most plugin writers will opt to only support Windows. Pure speculation on my part.

tenholde
                The plugins are designed to work with HS3, not the OS, so they should run on Linux as well as Windows without a problem.
                Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                  You can buy them on Amazon. You can hear the voices on the ivona (.com) website

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                    Hector... Also I use NeoSpeech Julie (my wifes name is Julie )

http://www.neospeech.com/
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Right now I use NeoSpeech Kate. I just loaded them with HS3 last night and they work fine.
                      I have been looking for a change of voices though.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
                      X