No announcement yet.

HS3 to HS2 to HS1 Interplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finding something similar with the latest plugins in HS2 and HS3, and the latest version of HS3. I can toggle a device in HS2 to ON, the viewer indeed shows the device as toggled to ON, but in HS3, the device does not show a state of ON. However, the Last Change column is indeed updating, so the message is making it to HS3 but the device does not seem to be getting updated appropriately.

HS2 is running .13 of the plugin
    HS3 is running .15 of the plugin.

Is it possible to post a sticky in the XAP Library subforum for the HS2 plugin also so we we have all the files in the same location that have the latest versions? Trying to dig through this thread to find the appropriate files is a bit messy.
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

It's a known issue but until HomeSeer sort Michaels trial licence so he can use HS3 again I think he's stuck on fixing this...

I'm guessing that actually the device is being correctly updated , and that triggers etc may work as expected. It's just the displayed status that is not updating... I saw something similar in HS2... but I could be wrong.

K

PS nudge nudge HomeSeer support....

Comment

Here is what the resulting device looks like in HS3, pasted below, event though it is on in HS2, and the viewer shows it as on.

Originally posted by CouchPotatoe View Post
        It's a known issue but until HomeSeer sort Michaels trial licence so he can use HS3 again I think he's stuck on fixing this...

I'm guessing that actually the device is being correctly updated , and that triggers etc may work as expected. It's just the displayed status that is not updating... I saw something similar in HS2... but I could be wrong.

K

PS nudge nudge HomeSeer support....
        Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

Someone reported that they got past the license issue with a blank license ID and password that resulted in a 20 day trial.

Bill

Comment

Hi Michael,
            Is there a way to obtain decimal values in HS3.
            I am testing xap1wire with HS3. In the xfx viewer, the message send by xap1wire is the correct value (27,1) but in HS3 it finds 27 (integer?).
            Do you please have a solution?
            thank you
            SD

Comment

+1

Jean-francois

Comment

It should retain the decimal part now that HS3 stores values as Double. When I get back to it I will assure that the value is not truncated.

Comment

Just wonder if this might be a localisation issue the 27,1 vs 27.1 - and the function that converts it to a number ...

K

Comment

Michael, any idea when you will be able to work on the HS3 plugin? I know you are very busy!

I am most interested in getting a version that retains the setup information when HS3 is closed.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

It was unfortunate I did not have HS3 while I was in South America as I had time to work on side projects. I am back now and have a month of life to catch up upon. I will get back to it as soon as I can. I did confirm HS3 trial is again functional using the technique of starting it twice. I also left questions on the HS3 developer forum about how to use the new feature for basic status information with hope to use it to consolidate all information into a single device for xapBSC messages. No response there.

Comment

The "save" problem was corrected in 3.0.0.17 at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...27#post1074827 plus a few other things.

Comment

Michael, ver 3.0.0.17 is saving the set up and also fixes the issue of the on/off icon not correctly indicating the actual device state. Unfortunately, it has lost the ability to control devices. The second photo below shows ver 15 which has on/off buttons for device control. The first photo shows ver 17 - no on/off buttons.

Steve Q

Attached Files
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I concur we gain some, we lose some. My devices are now displaying the proper status, which is cool, but there is no way to control them, not even an event as near as I can tell. The device was created as a status only device and I can not edit it.

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                            Michael, ver 3.0.0.17 is saving the set up and also fixes the issue of the on/off icon not correctly indicating the actual device state. Unfortunately, it has lost the ability to control devices. The second photo below shows ver 15 which has on/off buttons for device control. The first photo shows ver 17 - no on/off buttons.

Steve Q

Comment

Hi,
                              Still no decimal values with 3.0.0.17 ... I tried to change the regional settings without success.
                              In the dev mode, I can see the correct value of McsXap1wire (ex:update ref 91=27,1) but the value of the HS3 device stay to integer 27.
                              I tried to modify the device (add some decimal places, add range ...) but still doesn't set decimal value.
                              Any idea?
                              Thanks.
                              SD

Comment

Hi, Michael

i use MCSXAP V3.0.0.17 on hs3 and V3.0.0.13 on HS2, and Onewire V3.0.4.8

i have the same problem,

In Viewer V4 i see my device 1Wire with this value:

xap-header
                                {
                                v=13
                                hop=1
                                uid=FF.0005:0028
                                class=xAPBSC.info
                                source=mcs.OneWire.T60-DOMO:xapmcs1Wire_Temp_Interieure.D9000800BC761C10.Temperatur e
                                }
                                input.state
                                {
                                State=OFF
                                DisplayText=22,06
                                Text=22,06
                                }

In HS3 i see only this

Reference ID 4733
                                Technology Address 4733
                                Status 22 = Dim
                                Value 22
                                String 22,06

BUT if i take a device from HS2, i see the right value

Reference ID 6921
                                Technology Address 6921
                                Status 221 = Unknown
                                Value 221
                                String 22,06

In HS2 i put the device string in device value

This the message from HS2 to HS3

xap-header
                                {
                                v=13
                                hop=1
                                uid=FF.000E:5418
                                class=xapbsc.event
                                source=mcs.Xap.T60-DOMO:Salle_a_manger_valeur_temp_T18.mcsXap______8418.Virtual
                                }
                                output.state
                                {
                                state=ON
                                DisplayText=22,06
                                text=221
                                }

in resume :

if i take the value from HS2 , it's OK, if i take the value from Onewire mcsxap, i can't have decimal in value.

If this can help you ....

jean-francois.

Comment

Working...
                                X