• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great. Thanks Michael!

Bill

Comment

Trying to get things to work.

Observing traffic on HS3 via hub traffic....

I can see device traffic on my HS3 machine when something occurs in HS2 but that device doesn't show up on the mcsXap setup page.

Also still getting following error messages on HS2 machine

mcsXap - IncludeContent Line 20 Argument not optional

I hope I don't sound like I don't appreciate this as I really do.

Thanks;

Don
      Don

Comment

I added more info in the error message from IncludeContent. It appears that the device code for a message that is being sent via xAP is blank so when the hs function to get its current status is called (hs.DeviceStatus(sDC)) the error is raised.

There should be a debug box on HS3 mcsXap. That may help to see why a message is not getting into the setup.

Comment

I am using MLHSPlugin on H2 and BLML2hs on H3. This allows me to send statuses of devices to ML, create server variables in ML and send them back to the opposite HS as needed. I just started testing, but looks like everything is working correctly. This will allow me to start testing H3.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance in terms of the system setup, but is there a way to have the Device String, and the Device Value put into one device rather than two seperate devices. I was finding (and it could just be me) that when i checked both the boxes it created two seperate devices, when in reality I really only want the device value, and the string from each device to go into one (e.g. HS3 gets the device string and value for one device from the HS2 applicable device).

Is such a thing possible, and if so what is the best way to achieve this?
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Looks like i had just misconfigured is all, after picking state instead of text it does not duplicate, and presents the device value, and the device string which is perfect

Thanks for the great plugin!
              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Could you explain where you set the state? On the HS3 side or HS2?

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                after picking state instead of text it does not duplicate, and presents the device value, and the device string which is perfect

Thanks for the great plugin!
                Don

Comment

It's in the HS3 mcsxap plugin setup page.

If you look at Michaels last post you can see that each device has 3 entries, one that ends .DisplayText, one that ends .State and one that ends .Text. Tick the [A]ctive box for the entry that ends State and the device should appear in HS3.

Comment

On my HS2 setup I don't have .state and .value.

Need to look into that.

Thanks for the head's up.
                    Don

Comment

When a device has been "A"ccepted from the mcsXap setup page it will become available on hte HS3 DeviceManagment page with the name assigned to the xAP address that was accepted and the Type set to xAP.

Clicking on the name hyperlink in the Device Management page will allow editing of the Floor, Room and Name. The screen below shows the HS3 page after a handfull of xAP addressess have been selected from the mcsXap setup page. The third of these was edited to be in room shuttle and floor shuttle and name changed to CPU Utilization.

In prior mcsXap versions the Type and Location fields were automatically set based upon an assumed structure of the xAp address. In the attached example the second device would have been assigned type "temperature" and the location and name would have been some variant of xapmcs1wire, yellow and bedroom. With HS3 there is no automatic setting of these fields.

What I do not know how to handle are the Address and Type fields that are provided. I would like to have "Temperature" be a type, but Device Managment does not allow editing of types or editing of Address. These edit features would need to be built into mcsXap so then we have part of the editing done in the plugin and part of it done in HS3.

When the xap message .DisplayText has HTML encoding and references icons then the Device Management view will show red x until an icon is moved into the HS3\HTML folder with the subfolder dependent upon what the actually path is of the HTML encoding. In the example, one can do a right-click view source from the Device Management page and then with a little searching can find img src='processor.gif'. This means that the file processor.gif needs to be copied to the HS3\HTML folder and it will show properly rather than the red x. Access to the source to get names of icons will be different between browser versions.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Having problems with the HS2 side. I think. I have some Netiom boards that are sending correct data to both HS2 and HS3. Received data is

PHP Code:
                        xap-header
                        {
                        v=12
                        hop
                        =1
                        UID
                        =FF123422
                        class=xapbsc.info
                        Source
                        =phaedrus.netiom.Location:Virtual.2
                        }
                        output.state
                        {
                        State=off

I am also using an Ocelot which is outputting

PHP Code:
                        Invalid message 

However The data from HS2 is

PHP Code:
                        Source mcs.Xap.HOMESEERSERVER  Class Homeseer.Event 
                        if I look at the message it describes an event changing a value of a device, which I suppose it what it is suppose to do. Somehow, in HS2, I have set up
                        mcsXap incorrectly.

My settings for HS2 are as seen. Is there a problem here? If I have to change these settings, will that screw up my HS2 devices? Thanks.
                        Attached Files
                        Don

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                          mcsXap will need to be installed in HS2 (or HS1) and HS3 as HS plugin.
                          How do you install an HS2 plugin in HS3? I can't find anything in HS3 that allows this?

Steve Q
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Steve:
                            See msg #29 in this thread....
                            Don

Comment

Don, there are many observations that you have made but not clear what works and does not work for you.. for the netiom example you used, are you able to see it in the list of received cap messages on mcsxap browser page? If so have you Accepted it to be mapped to an HS device?

The focus of hs2 and hs3 should be with messages that use xapbsc schema such as that used by netiom. The home seer.event message can be handled but let us wait until proper operation is achieved with the primary schema that tries to achieve interoperability.

Comment

I have finished with the device in and out for mcsxap. After some more testing I will "release" it whatever that means in this beta environment. What is does do is change the database structure of what was accepted and received so it is likely this will need to be redone in your setup. It may be possible to provide a database conversion, but not positive yet. What this version will not contain is the trigger and action capabilities that exist with hs1/2. This will come later.

Comment

Working...
                                X