HS3 to HS2 to HS1 Interplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't figure out why my x10 devices were not showing up. Perhaps I missed it but I don't think Michael mentioned that "transmit x10" needs to be turned ON in the HS2 mcsxaP plugin. The accepted x10 devices will now show up in HS3.

Now I have a dilemma. I made a commitment to myself: "Don't change anything in my HS2 setup, its working great". But, to get HS3 up and running, it would be extremely helpful to have my devices/events working across both platforms. I am very concerned that if I start messing around with my xAP setup on HS2 I will screwup how well it's working. This is a big concern for me because I am already pushing mcsxAP and my computer to their limits. If I only had a few devices/events, I would not be too concerned, but I have hundreds!

Suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

mcsXAP on HS2

Trying to get XAP running on HS2. Have never run it, so there was nothing on there previously. I can see the mcsXAP config page now, but I get this error when I enable the Plugin?

Thanks,
      Z

6/27/2013 5:33:16 PM Plug-In Finished initializing X10 interface
      6/27/2013 5:33:16 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsXap
      6/27/2013 5:33:16 PM Error Initializing interface: mcsXap-Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      6/27/2013 5:33:16 PM mcsXap InitHW Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      6/27/2013 5:33:16 PM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: mcsXap
      6/27/2013 5:33:16 PM mcsXap Version 2.5.80 Registered with Homeseer

Comment

I would guess your computer is missing one or more of the SQLite database modules. I use mcsdatabase. I believe that when you install it, it adds the SQL components needed.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I have the System.Data.SQLite installed and registered, but not Mono. Curious it would require/use Mono on a Windows platform?

I'll see about adding mcsdatabase.

Thanks,
          Z

Comment

I found with mcsSprinklers on a Linux platform that system.data.sqlite would not work, but mono.data.sqlite worked for both windows and Linux. Since HS uses system.data.sqlite I used it for mcsXap as well. Don't know what is going to happen when it is ported to Linux.

Comment

That will be interesting, sounds like a question for Rich.

So if I install mcsSprinklers, it willl bring the mono.data.sqlite.dll along with it?

Thanks,
              Z

Comment

Yes, that should be the case, but again for mcsXap for HS3 I did use system.data.sqlite that came with HS3.

Comment

Bidirection device support exists in the attached. There are changes from the database used in the single direction version of the plugin so it is not backward compatible with prior version. If you update then you likely will need to redefine your accepted messages and also will likley need to first delete/rename your existing mcsXap database. If uni-directional support is all you are wanting at this time then no point in using this bidirectional version. If you are starting then this is the best one to use.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Michael, should I be able to use the plugin to receive other xAP messages into HS3? For instance could I get updates from my C-Bus interface from Kevin H.? I can see the messages, but when I try to select the "A"ccept column and save,the checkbox is

Edit:

I was selecting the wrong message type - I'm now getting level information for the different devices between 0 and 255!

I'm guessing sending a xAP message when the level changes in HS is not yet supported?
                    Last edited by beerygaz; July 8, 2013, 05:55 AM.
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      I added more info in the error message from IncludeContent. It appears that the device code for a message that is being sent via xAP is blank so when the hs function to get its current status is called (hs.DeviceStatus(sDC)) the error is raised.
                      Referring to Include content line. Argument not optional

Didn't want to bug you with this, but I can't figure out how to trap for the blank device code. My log is full of the error messages. Is there a way to find the offending devices?

Thanks?
                      Don

Comment

Michael,

When you get a chance, a version that will work with HS3 3.0.0.13 and beyond would be appreciated. I am waiting for 3.0.0.14, and on another plug-in, so I don't need it yet, but I will soon. Thanks.

Bill

Comment

I have effectively finished the plugin, but do not get reliable event setup with HS3. The triggers and actions work, but getting HS3 to remember the setup is the issue. You can give this a try to see if it is just my computer that has the issue.

I tried to download x.13 from homeseer.com, but no response. Ping to it does not work either. I'm now in South America, but the homeseer site should be visible worldwide. I will try at another time and post with the new build when I can download the new API reference.

Comment

.14 is available via updater so I was able to build with new API. It is attached.
                            Prior \Data\mcsXap.db should be deleted to support the changed database schema
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Michael McSharry; July 24, 2013, 12:09 PM. Reason: Fixed SQLLite Error from Setup Page

Comment

I'll let you know how it works on my system. Thanks.

Comment

The HS2->HS3 basic functionality seems to be working OK.

But every time I "save" I get a ton of these in the log:

7/23/2013 9:45:35 PM mcsXap ExecuteCommand INSERT INTO XAP_DEVICE (ParentSource, Section, DeviceKey, Reject, Accept, Numeric, Controllable, Ref, MaxLevel) Values ('mcs.XapHS3.Caladan:Z-Wave_Interface_Sigma_Switch_Multilevel_Node_21_Code.mcsXap_S igm_0423.Z-Wave_Switch_Multilevel','output.state.1','text',0,0,1,1,1059 ,) Line 0 SQLite errornear ")": syntax error
                                7/23/2013 9:45:35 PM mcsXap ExecuteCommand INSERT INTO XAP_DEVICE (ParentSource, Section, DeviceKey, Reject, Accept, Numeric, Controllable, Ref, MaxLevel) Values ('mcs.XapHS3.Caladan:BLRadar_Sensor_Failure_Count_Code.mcsXa p_Sens_03FA.BLRadar_Plug-In_Device','input.state','text',0,0,1,0,1018,) Line 0 SQLite errornear ")": syntax error
                                7/23/2013 9:45:35 PM mcsXap ExecuteCommand INSERT INTO XAP_DEVICE (ParentSource, Section, DeviceKey, Reject, Accept, Numeric, Controllable, Ref, MaxLevel) Values ('mcs.xap.caladan','output.state','text',0,1,1,1,2833,) Line 0 SQLite errornear ")": syntax error
                                7/23/2013 9:45:35 PM mcsXap ExecuteCommand INSERT INTO XAP_DEVICE (ParentSource, Section, DeviceKey, Reject, Accept, Numeric, Controllable, Ref, MaxLevel) Values ('mcs.xap.caladan','output.state','state',1,0,1,1,-1,) Line 0 SQLite errornear ")": syntax error
                                7/23/2013 9:45:35 PM mcsXap ExecuteCommand INSERT INTO XAP_DEVICE (ParentSource, Section, DeviceKey, Reject, Accept, Numeric, Controllable, Ref, MaxLevel) Values ('mcs.xap.caladan','output.state','DisplayText',0,0,1,1,-1,) Line 0 SQLite errornear ")": syntax error
                                7/23/2013 9:45:35 PM mcsXap ExecuteCommand INSERT INTO XAP_DEVICE (ParentSource, Section, DeviceKey, Reject, Accept, Numeric, Controllable, Ref, MaxLevel) Values ('xFx.Viewer.Caladan:xap-hbeat.alive','','Count',0,0,1,0,-1,) Line 0 SQLite errornear ")": syntax error
                                7/23/2013 9:45:35 PM mcsXap ExecuteCommand INSERT INTO XAP_DEVICE (ParentSource, Section, DeviceKey, Reject, Accept, Numeric, Controllable, Ref, MaxLevel) Values ('mcs.Xap.Caladan:xap-hbeat.alive','','Count',0,0,1,0,-1,) Line 0 SQLite errornear ")": syntax error

Comment

Working...
                                X