HS3 Teaser - Device Status #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Teaser - Device Status #1

HS3 includes a new "Device Status" feature that allows users to create their own graphical views within the standard web interface. In the example below, a custom floorplan (created in Photoshop) was imported as the background image. Then, devices were laid out on top of the background image.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Could this be a hint that HST and "this" are going to merge more into one?

i.e. could one just lay this out ONCE, then use this in HST?

Can it break down even farther? i.e. into rooms? Maybe have a WHOLE house layout, click the floor you want, then clock the room you want, which then shows everything in that room?

--Dan
    Last edited by drozwood90; May 29, 2013, 11:19 AM. Reason: 'nother q
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

wow looks nice..
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
        Could this be a hint that HST and "this" are going to merge more into one?

i.e. could one just lay this out ONCE, then use this in HST?

Can it break down even farther? i.e. into rooms? Maybe have a WHOLE house layout, click the floor you want, then clock the room you want, which then shows everything in that room?

--Dan

+1 ... I have exact same questions/ideas ... this could be very powerful

Comment

Are the devices controllable or status only?

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
            Are the devices controllable or status only?
            Click on the device and a pop-up control screen will appear.

Comment

Will this work on Safari on Ipad or Mac computer?

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                Will this work on Safari on Ipad or Mac computer?
                yes, it's a web interface

Comment

Does the status of the devices update in realtime without page refresh like on the other device managment page?

Comment

snuck this in when I wasn't looking

wow, what a toy !!
                    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Oookay, that was just plain sweet!
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

so silly question as I set this up to decide if i would upgrade blfloorplan if it goes to Hs3...

I used visio and created a rough layout. Saved as 1stFloor.jpg and copied to server
                        works fine.. no issues at all.

but what I do not know now.. is i set the background to my pic and have that.
                        but each item when you set the floor.. i see you get the floor tabs.. ok understood.

but then the devices are grouped by room. are you supposed to just simply say stretch out that room over where it is on the drawing, change background pic of it to a solid color then move the lights and stuff around?

That is what it looks like in your examples...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

You can also pick transparent as background color (its down in the right corner)

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                            so silly question as I set this up to decide if i would upgrade blfloorplan if it goes to Hs3...

I used visio and created a rough layout. Saved as 1stFloor.jpg and copied to server
                            works fine.. no issues at all.

but what I do not know now.. is i set the background to my pic and have that.
                            but each item when you set the floor.. i see you get the floor tabs.. ok understood.

but then the devices are grouped by room. are you supposed to just simply say stretch out that room over where it is on the drawing, change background pic of it to a solid color then move the lights and stuff around?

That is what it looks like in your examples...
                            1. Set your floor plan as the background image. I would recommend making it 900 pixels wide as HS3 is set to 1000 pixels wide.
                            2. Drag/drop each "room" on top of the appropriate location on the floor plan.
                            3. Set the background color of each room to transparent and tick the option to hide the title bar
                            4. Move the devices around to the location you want them in each room
                            5. When you exit editing mode, you should have the right results.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmstrom View Post
                              You can also pick transparent as background color (its down in the right corner)
                              lower right.. is a color picker.. when i click it... i expect a popup with a color chooser... i get nothing...

i then deleted the color number listed.. then it went transparent!!!! Thanks!

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                              1. Set your floor plan as the background image. I would recommend making it 900 pixels wide as HS3 is set to 1000 pixels wide.
                              2. Drag/drop each "room" on top of the appropriate location on the floor plan.
                              3. Set the background color of each room to transparent and tick the option to hide the title bar
                              4. Move the devices around to the location you want them in each room
                              5. When you exit editing mode, you should have the right results.
                              yup looks and sounds good! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X