HS3 - New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 - New Features

A number of new features have been added to HS3 to make the program easier to use and more powerful. Here are some of the new additions:

New Event creation system
    Layout and architecture of the event engine has been completely redone. Triggers, conditions and actions are selected in logical workflow manner.

Benefit: Events are much easier to create and edit.

New Event Groups
    Events can now be organized by groups, such as "Manage Lighting" or "Control my Thermostats".

Benefit: Grouped events are easier to find and manage

New Event Group Conditions and Group Actions
    Event Group Conditions and Event Actions may be applied to any or all events within an Event Group

Benefit: With event group conditions and actions, users can quickly and easily alter the behavior of many events at once. For example, lighting events can be altered based on the occupancy status of the home.

New Event Timers and Counters
    Timers and counters may now be used within any event.

Benefit: Timers and counters add a unique level of power to HS3 events. Keep track of how many times a door is opened in an hour. Send yourself an alert if someone's been in the refrigerator more than 10 times today.

Drag / Drop Event Elements Feature
    Drag event actions and conditions up or down the list to change the order

Benefit: Use the drag/drop feature to qu8ckly rearrange the order of conditions and actions within an event.

Device Management Page Updates in Realtime
    The device mgmt page (formerly the "Status" page) updates device status in realtime

Benefit: This page no longer requires a 'refresh' to accurately display device status.

New Device Status View
    Users can create their own graphical layout of devices

Benefit: Use to feature to create your own graphical layout of devices. Import a floorplan and arrange devices on top of the floorplan or use categories instead of rooms to display devices by category.

New Device Image Feature
    Assign images to devices in device configuration area

Benefit: Device images allow users to differentiate quickly between devices. Device images may be product photos or images related to the device purpose. Large device images appear in the device configuration screen; thumbnails appear in the device mgmt screen and in the status view screen.

New Multi-Device Grouping Feature
    Groups devices together for multi-device products like multisensors

Benefit: With 'grouping' turned on, devices from multisensors will now display together allowing for better device mgmt.

Multiple Z-Wave Networks Are Supported
    Multiple Z-Wave networks may be created using Z-Wave interfaces of different types

Benefit: Users can now manage multiple Z-Wave interfaces on the same network (Z-Trollers only, up to 232 nodes total) AND multiple interfaces on different networks (UNLIMITED NODE SUPPORT). This allows HS3 Z-Wave support to be scalable from a small home to a large hotel or office building! It also allows central management of Z-Wave networks in different locations (apartment/condo complexes, vacation homes, etc)

Multiple instances of plug-ins now supported
    Multiple instances of the same plug-in may now be enabled.
    Plugins may also be run on remote systems!

Benefit: Multiple interfaces (IR controllers, X10, for example) may be used at the same time.

Cascading Menu Navigation
    All major functions may be accessed via drop down, cascading menus.

Benefit: Users and navigate more quickly and directly throughout the program

All New Updater
    The updater is faster and more tightly integrated into the program

Benefit: Plugs-ins may be viewed and installed much faster. A system restart is no longer required.

HS3 Now Includes HSTouch Lite
    The standard version of HS3 now includes the read-only version of HSTouch

Benefit: Standard HS3 users can now use the HSTouch client (running HomeSeer standard projects only) on their IOS, Android, Linux, Windows and Windows CE devices.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Except for Z-Wave I can see myself using every one of these. Nice upgrade!

Comment

HS3 - New Features

This sounds really great. Can you provide the " minimum system requirements" for HS3. I need to start planning for a new computer.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        This sounds really great. Can you provide the " minimum system requirements" for HS3. I need to start planning for a new computer.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        System Requirements
        Windows PC running Windows 2000 or later.
        700 Mhz (or better) CPU
        1 GB (or more) RAM
        At least 1 GB or free disk space
        Note: HS3 and HS2/HSPRO can run on the same PC, if desired

~Bill

Comment

We are targeting the app for low power systems so the requirements are really dependent on what you will be doing. Features like voice recognition take the most CPU. If the system is just a controller, you can get by with a pretty low powered system. We have it running on a 700mhz Linux system.

If you are using 10 10 screens with HSTouch and bunch of RSS feeds, then for sure, you want something more powerful, this will increase response times.

Comment

Rich/Rick - In HS3 did you guys remember to block some troublesome house codes like 'quote marks'?

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
              Rich/Rick - In HS3 did you guys remember to block some troublesome house codes like 'quote marks'?
              Well here's the thing - devices are no longer tied to HC/UC. There is an Address property and a Code property. The code property, if populated, is where the HC/UC can go. The address can be its own user defined string value, and when the address is shown, it is in "Address-Code" format. For example, a Z-Wave device will have an Address of (Example) 00AABBCC-007 for node 7 on the 00AABBCC Home ID. The child devices for that root node will have codes on them, so one of the child devices with a code set to Q04 would then be 00AABBCC-007-Q04. You can find devices using the address with the code, address only, or code only.

For those cases where you choose to use the code field, the UI limits it to A-z, and (I have to check the code, been a while) I think we did eliminate the goofy characters because within each letter, you can have NINE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE addresses! So you can have A001 through A999 for the code.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

updated the list with new updater and HSTouch Lite.

Comment

Thanks!

What is meant by HSTouch 'Lite'? Can i make custom screens in HSTouch on HS2 and then deploy to HS3 or by Lite does that mean just the default screens that come with HS3 can be used?

Comment

Originally posted by robilium View Post
                    Thanks!

What is meant by HSTouch 'Lite'? Can i make custom screens in HSTouch on HS2 and then deploy to HS3 or by Lite does that mean just the default screens that come with HS3 can be used?
                    HSTouch Lite is a read only version of HSTouch; no designer support. All of our standard (non-PRO) HomeTrollers are currently shipped with this.

If you want to design screens you'll need the full version of HSTouch or HSPRO/HS3PRO.

Comment

Will HS 3 Pro be supported on a HT series 2?

Guys. Whilst appreciating that a HT2 isn't cutting edge technology anymore, I have been waiting for your help on installing a .Net 3.5 (or greater) version of HS2 Pro on to my HomeTroller2.

Now that we are close to HS3 and the minimum hardware requirements still seem to be fairly modest, will there be a version that can be installed on a HT2 that includes >= .Net 3.5?

Thanks James
                      cheeryfool

Comment

HomeTrollers that have flash memory willl need a new OS as .NET 4 is required and curent partitioning scheme does not have enough room on the C drive. We are in the processes of testing a new build and I will post when I have more information. There may be 2 options. If you are a "technical" person and have a USB CDROM, we can probably get you the ISO and you can re-flash. If not, we will offer a new CF card that you can purchase that will have the new OS on it. More info soon.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                        Guys. Whilst appreciating that a HT2 isn't cutting edge technology anymore, I have been waiting for your help on installing a .Net 3.5 (or greater) version of HS2 Pro on to my HomeTroller2.

Now that we are close to HS3 and the minimum hardware requirements still seem to be fairly modest, will there be a version that can be installed on a HT2 that includes >= .Net 3.5?

Thanks James

Comment

We have not tried the hs3 installer on the os that ships with flash units, so give it a try. .Net 4 may not install. If it fails you will need an update to the os.

Originally posted by PhTMan
                          Although it shipped with 4gb flash, I updated to the 32gb SSD.

Will my Hometroller be compatible with HS3 as is?

Comment

Hello,

is there a way to have graphical display of temperature or power consumption?

Thanks

Comment

A customizable menu system would have been a real asset.
                              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                              X