Plugins on different machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugins on different machine?

Installed the beta last night. How do I install HSTouch and Z-wave plugins on a machine other than the one I have HS3 on? I observed both in the updater, but the option was to install, with I assume is the same machine as HS3.

BTW--Nice job on the UI!

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Anyone? This is supposed to be core feature of HS3. Am I just jumping the gun here? I think I can be patient (although this is conjecture on my part).

I would like to test this if it is available now.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Copy your plug-in's exe file, plus HomeseerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll and Scheduler.dll to a folder on the remote machine.

On the remote machine, create a shortcut to the plug-in's exe file and add the parameter Server=ipaddressofhomeseerserver to the command line.

Run the shortcut on the remote machine.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        Copy your plug-in's exe file, plus HomeseerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll and Scheduler.dll to a folder on the remote machine.

On the remote machine, create a shortcut to the plug-in's exe file and add the parameter Server=ipaddressofhomeseerserver to the command line.

Run the shortcut on the remote machine.

Paul..
        Hi Paul,

Thanks. So the first thing to do is install plugins on the local machine using the updater, then follow the procedure you outlined above? What happens to the plugins that are on the local machine? Will this work for any plugin?

Comment

I've only tested this briefly with one of my own plug-ins (based on the HS sample) and it appears to work fine.

I suppose the individual plug-in and how the developer has intended it to be used will determine if it can run remotely.

Again, depending on the plug-in, you could disable it on the HS server or remove its files completely.

I've not had chance yet to investigate multiple instance plug-ins, but I believe the idea is that you can have multiple instances of the same plug-in running either on the HS machine or on multiple remote machines.

Paul..

Comment

No Joy with z-wave

OK I downloaded and istalled z-wave. Then I Copied the following to a new folder that I moved to another machine

HSPI_ZWave.exe
            HSPI_ZWave.exe.config
            HomeSeerAPI.dll
            HSCF.dll
            Scheduler.dll

I created a shortcut and put the path in quotes, then outside quotes appended: Server=192.168.1.1

I disabled firewall on HS3 machine, and moved the original HSPI_ZWave.exe
            HSPI_ZWave.exe.config files to a temp location.

Then on the remote machine I double clicked the shortcut I created above. and a CMD window opens with "Connecting to server at 192.168.1.1...
            Connected, waiting to be initialized..."

I go back to HS3 machine and enable z-wave and I get an error "**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces."

I put the HSPI_ZWave.exe.config file back into the HS3 directory (since I was not told to move that), and I get the same error, and no initialization on the remote machine.

What did I miss? Does anyone have remote z-wave plugin working?

BTW Everything works if I just leave it on the local HS3 machine.

Comment

No Joy with z-wave

I'm interested in putting all the plugins that have com interfaces on my atom machine with all the com ports, and then running HS3 in a vm.

Comment

Working...
              X