Multiple Z-wave interface support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried the new feature of multiple Z-Trollers on one network in HS3 beta yet?

This feature is real exciting for me. I have a large house (6,000 sft) and a large z-wave network (181 nodes) and I have been struggling for years to keep the network running smoothly using one Z-troller. A few years back I moved the Z-troller from the equipment closet which is on one side of the house to the center of the house and that helped alot. Its no where near perfect, however, with lots of errors especially those devices on the fringe of the property. And when I add a new device, its a nightmare to get things smooth again. When they gurus say, "optimize network three times without errors" I think to myself "Yeah, right, they must have smaller networks, try that on mine some time." It takes 12 hours alone just to run through three optimizations and I have never had a perfect one yet. I run zwave health alot, and it takes about a week to get things stable after adding something new. So dont add anything new, right? Sure.

I already have another z-troller I keep for back up so I was planning to add another one and split the network load in half. That should make optimization faster and the network theoretically should be more responsive.

It sure would be nice to be able to add the second Z-troller without having to start from scratch, but I dont see this as being likely, especially since I plan to move the location of the one I have now. The idea of building it all over again is starting to give me a headache.

Does anyone know if both Z-trollers will function independently of each other?

Can Homeseer receive commands from both Z-trollers at the same time without any delays?

Can both Z-trollers optimize at the same time without affecting each other?

Is that really a new feature? I've been using 2 z-trollers with HS2 pro without problems. There are many threads on how to do it. You basically just copy the info from one to the other controller and then choose which devices are going to be controlled from which controller. Very easy.

Comment

I guess you're right. Wow.

It says multiple zwave networks not interfaces.

Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
      X