No announcement yet.

HS3 Speaker only Client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running two speaker clients today on one VM (Mini version Windows Server) talking to two HS3 boxes running in Linux Ubuntu 64bit with HS3 Pro running on it.

Also running speaker dot exe on W7e, W10 and XPe Homeseer touch clients with no issues.

Tested speaker client on W10 Home and enterprise edition to work fine. W10 enterprise build was tweaked a bit.

Personally a while ago just copied the HS3 directory over and run speaker dot exe. I then deleted all of the files not needed but today do not recall which of those files have been deleted. Today you can just download speaker dot exe from the download section. Didn't touch the firewall stuff in W2003.

What do you see in the speaker client log window when starting speaker dot exe in Windows 10?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; August 26, 2016, 06:59 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post
      Speaker client is running fine, and all files listed in this post are local to client. On Windows 10 Home Edition.

I have config file set with HS server IP address, port number.

Port is open thru firewall on HS server for speaker client (10401)

What am I missing?
      Making some assumptions, your speaker client you are having issues with is running on a MS windows based device. If so, please do the following on the windows device. I recommend initial test within your local network, i.e. same subnet. Then try external.

1. Open a command (dos) prompt via Windows Key + R, enter cmd in the open field. A black window should open.

2. run the following command to confirm the windows device can communicate to your HS server on port 10401.
      telnet hs.ip 10401 and depress the enter key

You should see the following and the telnet client should hang - which is good.
      Code:
      len@dell:~$ telnet serv1 10401
      Trying 192.168.1.36...
      Connected to serv1.
      Escape character is '^]'.
      If you do not get "Connected to serv1. Escape character is '^]'." then something is blocking network connectivity.

If you do get "Connected to serv1. Escape character is '^]'." then from a network viewpoint, all is well. You exit this telnet session by pressing control+], then 'quit' after you get the telnet prompt.
      Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
      Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
      Number of Devices: 633
      Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.54.0: BLBackup
      2.0.40.0: BLLAN
      3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
      30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
      3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
      3.0.0.87: weatherXML
      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

The Windows Media Player is required by the speaker client. Did you load the add on to your server that includes this option?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          I am running two speaker clients today on one VM (Mini version Windows Server) talking to two HS3 boxes running in Linux Ubuntu 64bit with HS3 Pro running on it.

Also running speaker dot exe on W7e, W10 and XPe Homeseer touch clients with no issues.

Tested speaker client on W10 Home and enterprise edition to work fine. W10 enterprise build was tweaked a bit.

Personally a while ago just copied the HS3 directory over and run speaker dot exe. I then deleted all of the files not needed but today do not recall which of those files have been deleted. Today you can just download speaker dot exe from the download section. Didn't touch the firewall stuff in W2003.

What do you see in the speaker client log window when starting speaker dot exe in Windows 10?
          Same window (Speaker.EXE is running), just cannot connect to server.

"8/25/2016 10:36:18 AM:Error attempting to connect to server, please check your connection options:
          The host failed to connect. Timeout occured. 15000" every 30 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post
            Making some assumptions, your speaker client you are having issues with is running on a MS windows based device. If so, please do the following on the windows device. I recommend initial test within your local network, i.e. same subnet. Then try external.

1. Open a command (dos) prompt via Windows Key + R, enter cmd in the open field. A black window should open.

2. run the following command to confirm the windows device can communicate to your HS server on port 10401.
            telnet hs.ip 10401 and depress the enter key

You should see the following and the telnet client should hang - which is good.
            Code:
            len@dell:~$ telnet serv1 10401
            Trying 192.168.1.36...
            Connected to serv1.
            Escape character is '^]'.
            If you do not get "Connected to serv1. Escape character is '^]'." then something is blocking network connectivity.

If you do get "Connected to serv1. Escape character is '^]'." then from a network viewpoint, all is well. You exit this telnet session by pressing control+], then 'quit' after you get the telnet prompt.
            OK, using putty I confirm I CANNOT telnet to 192.168.1.210:10401 (this is IP:Port of HS3 server).

Win Media Player on Server? Speaker Client works just fine on server...

Comment

Win Media Player on Server?

Yes here on the Homeseer embedded, W7E and W10 clients.

Initially though when first testing it was just missing files and would exit on start.

That you get it running but not connecting still appears to be a network / firewall type of issue. Disable the firewall on both sides and try again.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by amr42 View Post
                OK, using putty I confirm I CANNOT telnet to 192.168.1.210:10401 (this is IP:Port of HS3 server).
                Same telnet command via putty works from the server to the server?
                Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
                Number of Devices: 633
                Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                2.0.40.0: BLLAN
                3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
                3.0.0.87: weatherXML
                3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Duh! Found it...

I had the Connect local box checked (since the files came from the server)...

Now Connected!

Thanks to all!

Comment

I am having an issue where i can only run 6 instances of speaker.exe at a time. at one point i saw a forum post that said that its caused by having an older version of the speaker client, but i have the newest one that comes with homeseer. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                    X