Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Stick Appears Disconnected - Bugzilla ticket entered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Stick Appears Disconnected - Bugzilla ticket entered!

I get notices from HS3 of the Z-Stick appearing disconnected, then about a minute later HS3 says it appears to be re-connected. A sample log is shown below. I get this error roughly every 10 minutes (but it does vary greatly). I am able to control my z-wave network, but this problem causes a lot of commands to be lost and some to be delayed.

I am running HS3 v48. I have tried this on two different Windows 8.1 PCs and also on a Windows 7 PC. Same results on all three. It had been working fine on HS2Pro with my Hometroller. Then my Hometroller totally died (no power at all). So I took the Z-stick out and tried to get it going on a PC with HS3 and this is where I am now.

Any ideas?

Dec-02 13:52:47 Z-Wave Error Zstick: The interface appears to have been disconnected or is having a communication issue. Dec-02 13:52:30 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: Appears to have been re-connected. Commands queued will now be sent. Dec-02 13:52:30 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: Appears to have been re-connected. Commands queued will now be sent. Dec-02 13:52:28 Z-Wave Error Zstick: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Zstick). Dec-02 13:51:28 Z-Wave Error Zstick: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Zstick). Dec-02 13:51:08 Z-Wave Error Zstick: A Z-Wave command on interface Zstick did not start after two minutes and is being discarded - Z-Wave may not be operational. Dec-02 13:50:28 Z-Wave Error Zstick: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Zstick). Dec-02 13:49:28 Z-Wave Error Zstick: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Zstick). Dec-02 13:48:55 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: A Z-Wave command (MEMORY GET ID, Cmd=NO_OPERATION) on interface Zstick is still in progress, 4s to timeout. (15) Dec-02 13:48:46 Z-Wave Error Zstick: The interface appears to have been disconnected or is having a communication issue. Dec-02 13:39:12 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: Appears to have been re-connected. Commands queued will now be sent. Dec-02 13:39:12 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: Appears to have been re-connected. Commands queued will now be sent. Dec-02 13:38:22 Z-Wave Error Zstick: Error, Z-Wave API Command Transmit failure - a Z-Wave command failed to be sent (interface disconnected). Dec-02 13:38:15 Z-Wave Error Zstick: The interface appears to have been disconnected or is having a communication issue. Dec-02 13:37:58 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: Appears to have been re-connected. Commands queued will now be sent. Dec-02 13:37:58 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: Appears to have been re-connected. Commands queued will now be sent. Dec-02 13:37:08 Z-Wave Error Zstick: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Zstick). Dec-02 13:37:08 Z-Wave Error Zstick: A Z-Wave command on interface Zstick did not start after two minutes and is being discarded - Z-Wave may not be operational. Dec-02 13:36:08 Z-Wave Error Zstick: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Zstick). Dec-02 13:34:55 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: A Z-Wave command (MEMORY GET ID, Cmd=NO_OPERATION) on interface Zstick is still in progress, 4s to timeout. (15) Dec-02 13:34:46 Z-Wave Error Zstick: The interface appears to have been disconnected or is having a communication issue. Dec-02 13:25:45 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: Appears to have been re-connected. Commands queued will now be sent. Dec-02 13:25:45 Z-Wave Warning Zstick: Appears to have been re-connected. Commands queued will now be sent.

I am seeing the same issue with my z-trollers on two different systems. One is connected to a native serial port, the other with the USB to serial adapter. I am not seeing the issue on my Ethernet connected z-troller, all running 1.17.

Any idea what is going on?

Comment

I am getting exactly the same problem with my Z stick 2 continually reported as disconnected then reconnected. The blue light that used to be permanently on with HS2 goes out on HS3 when disconnection is reported. Seems to be random, but will always disconnect when you click on a device that is asleep and go to the z-wave tab.

Installation is on a Windows 7 64 bit PC on HS3 build 55

Result is that HS3 is unusable. Back to HS2 where system on same Z Stick is rock stable.

I cannot recall any other software upgrade causing such a diverse range of serious errors and problems and has so many short comings over HS2 that have been reported in these forums.

Anyone any ideas on this Z-stick issue, I'm clearly not alone

Comment

I've got exactly the same problem here. Using Z-Stick 2 on a Win7x64 PC.

Works great in HS2, really bad in HS3.

Comment

My observation is that polling a node that doesnt respond causes my ztroller to lock up temporarily until it times out.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by peterford View Post
            but will always disconnect when you click on a device that is asleep and go to the z-wave tab.
            What do you mean by a device that is asleep?
            πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              What do you mean by a device that is asleep?
              Have any of you entered a Bugzilla ticket on this issue?
              πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

By asleep I mean for example when Everspring Temp/Humidity sensor is in sleep mode.

Enterred Bugzilla ticket (1548) as requested by Mark Colegrove

Comment

I have the same problem. The solution:

Download this http://up-it.dk/uploads/131006/enp-Danfoss_1.0.5.zip

Install it, open, go to Settings/Advanced Mode, then select the fail node or malfunction node and click on "Remove Failed Node". After remove all the failed nodes, you have to do a "Import node info from Controller and Scan devices". After that, you have to do a "Fully optimize a Network". This is all you need.
                  After doing this, I have the Z-stick OK again without problems.

Regards

Comment

Link to Danfoss tool?

Updated link to Danfoss tool:

https://www.megaupload.us/8wh/Danfoss_1.0.5.exe

Thanks,

Rich
                    Last edited by jabuzan; July 19, 2018, 03:24 PM. Reason: added working link

Comment

The updated link doesn’t work. Can someone kindly post a working link for the danfloss tool

Comment

Working...
                      X