Devise Row, Column, Column span ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devise Row, Column, Column span ?

I have always wondered what the device setup Row, Column, and Column span were for. Since the values have always been 0 and everything worked I didn't worry about it. Last time I set up an X10 device it added values for these. What are they for?
    Last edited by prnorton; September 28, 2017, 04:49 PM.

Hey there,

What did you find out about this? I am new to HS3 and have no idea what this does.

Thanks for the help.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Those row/column settings determine how the buttons and other controls are laid out on the device management page.

This config:

gives this layout:

cheeryfool

Comment

Ok, cool. What do they mean?

Where are they explained so I can use them correctly.

Thanks for the reply!!!

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post

Thanks for the reply!!!

Mostly you shouldn't need to touch them for fully supported devices. This example was created automatically when importing the dimmer switch. You may need to add or modify if you want to change the way you control a device or more likely when creating a virtual device.

"What do they mean?"
          First entry puts an Off button in row 1, column 1
          Second entry puts a dimming slider in row 2, column 1, but stretching across 3 columns
          Third entry puts an On button in row 1, column 2
          Fourth entry puts an On Last Level button in row 1, column 3

They are in this order in the setup page as they are tied to the numerical values which are ordered top to bottom in the list. However, if you wanted the On button before the Off button , you would just flip the columns so that On = r1, c1 and Off = r1, c2

A few plugins create dozens of buttons in multiple rows and columns, so it's more important to have a sensible layout there. Most of your devices should default to the correct controls and a sensible layout.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks for the reply!!!
            Take a look at this thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181973

Beginning at post #5.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Take a look at this thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181973

Beginning at post #5.
              WOW!!! THANK YOU!!

This is more of the manual I was looking for!! Amazed that a user had to do this instead of the AUTHOR of the program... This is really amazing work, sir!! Nice job!

Man, thanks again and cheers!

Comment

WOW!!! THANK YOU!!

This is more of the manual I was looking for!! Amazed that a user had to do this instead of the AUTHOR of the program... This is really amazing work, sir!! Nice job!

Man, thanks again and cheers!
                You're welcome! It needed to be done. I have the outline for dozens more posts, if I ever have the time to work on them.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                X