Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
    I was trying to change the sound that plays, wanted a more alarming sound when my alarm triggers. But it still keeps playing the same sound. Asked pushover about this. and they said this:



    I tried setting high and emergenzy in the event trigger but that does not do anything.
    If you have sounds on your device set up then try sending the sound option in the list of 'System Default', if you have a tone on your device not in the list then it should sound this rather than any tones from Pushover themselves. Please try that and let me know...

    Note: In addition to the list of sounds from our API, your application must provide a blank option to the user that will not send the sound parameter to our API (or send it with a blank value). This will allow the user's default tone to play, rather than being overridden by your application.
    My Plugins:

    Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

    Comment


    • I think you need to choose the pushover sound that you want to play in the event action "message sound" drop down. It's not a huge list, but if I recall it's determined by pushover themselves so you can't specify custom sounds outside the available list.
      cheeryfool

      Comment


      • Yes I might have misread that, if you want to send a different sound than the default one then you need to look in this box. If you want to use a sound that is set up as the default on your respective device then you need the 'System Default' option. Look for this drop down in the plugin actions. Siren might be the one for you....
        Last edited by mrhappy; February 15th, 2015, 09:02 AM.
        My Plugins:

        Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

        Comment


        • Yeah now its working :P i was looking at the wrong place. was looking at the app on the phone etc. thanks anyway. My brain is fried today.
          Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

          Comment


          • Pushover have today added a feature to their client to support the sending of a limited set of HTML strings in the message body, this currently amounts to bold, italic, underline, font colour and the ability to place a link in the middle of a message.

            I have had to amend the plugin to support this so if you wish to use this feature please update to this version. The latest version is version .11 and you now have the ability to send messages like in the attached screenshot.

            Please see https://pushover.net/api#html and the documentation for more information.

            The latest version is in the first post.
            Last edited by mrhappy; March 13th, 2015, 07:14 AM.
            My Plugins:

            Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
            Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              Pushover have today added a feature to their client to support the sending of a limited set of HTML strings in the message body, this currently amounts to bold, italic, underline, font colour and the ability to place a link in the middle of a message.

              I have had to amend the plugin to support this so if you wish to use this feature please update to this version. The latest version is version .11 and you now have the ability to send messages like in the attached screenshot.

              Please see https://pushover.net/api#html and the documentation for more information.

              The latest version is in the first post.
              Thanks!

              This may have been covered earlier in this thread, but how did you replace the Pushover Logo with the HomeSeer logo in your screenshot?
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                The latest version is in the first post.
                Thanks Adam!

                Originally posted by rprade View Post
                This may have been covered earlier in this thread, but how did you replace the Pushover Logo with the HomeSeer logo in your screenshot?
                Hi Randy,

                Go to pushover.net, sign into your account and then under "Your Applications" select the application you created for HomeSeer. Click on it and then click on "Edit or Delete Application" and then you have the option to choose an icon.

                Cheers
                Al
                HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1148 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

                Comment


                • RFXcom sensor panel string script

                  Any idea what I am doing wrong with this script?

                  Code:
                  Sub Main(Optional ByVal pParms As String = "")     
                       message = hs.PluginFunction("RFXCOM","","GetLastSensorMessage", nothing)
                       hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"Jason_iPhone_6", "RFXcom Sensor Panel", message, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing})     
                  End Sub
                  Sorry, this is my first HS script. The event engine is so good that I have not played with scripts yet. I am trying to get reliable sensor notifications from RFXcom. Any help is much appreciated. This pushover plugin has been a mainstay of my system for quite a while and it has been very reliable. Thanks again for making this plugin!
                  _______________________________________________

                  HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                    Any idea what I am doing wrong with this script?

                    Code:
                    Sub Main(Optional ByVal pParms As String = "")     
                         message = hs.PluginFunction("RFXCOM","","GetLastSensorMessage", nothing)
                         hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"Jason_iPhone_6", "RFXcom Sensor Panel", message, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing})     
                    End Sub
                    Sorry, this is my first HS script. The event engine is so good that I have not played with scripts yet. I am trying to get reliable sensor notifications from RFXcom. Any help is much appreciated. This pushover plugin has been a mainstay of my system for quite a while and it has been very reliable. Thanks again for making this plugin!
                    Thanks for the kind feedback, with reference to your script then try adding another 'Nothing' after the last one. There should be eight parameters in total but I count seven in yours, it is possible if you have found this example elsewhere on this thread that it was before I added the last parameter which has the ability to send the message to a named application, again try sending 'Nothing' to this. If this still does not work please could you tell me what error message you get, if you don't get one then don't worry I will test it tomorrow.

                    Also I think you might have the title and the body the wrong way around, the second parameter is the message body text and the third is the title. I think in your script you have these swapped.

                    Let me know if you have any issues.
                    My Plugins:

                    Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Thanks Adam!



                      Hi Randy,

                      Go to pushover.net, sign into your account and then under "Your Applications" select the application you created for HomeSeer. Click on it and then click on "Edit or Delete Application" and then you have the option to choose an icon.

                      Cheers
                      Al
                      Thanks. I figured it was on the website, scanned the online docs, but was too lazy to dig deeper.
                      Randy Prade
                      Aurora, CO
                      Prades.net

                      PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                        Thanks for the kind feedback, with reference to your script then try adding another 'Nothing' after the last one. There should be eight parameters in total but I count seven in yours, it is possible if you have found this example elsewhere on this thread that it was before I added the last parameter which has the ability to send the message to a named application, again try sending 'Nothing' to this. If this still does not work please could you tell me what error message you get, if you don't get one then don't worry I will test it tomorrow.



                        Also I think you might have the title and the body the wrong way around, the second parameter is the message body text and the third is the title. I think in your script you have these swapped.



                        Let me know if you have any issues.

                        I tried these suggestions and no error message, no notification. [emoji20]

                        Not sure how what I'm missing.
                        _______________________________________________

                        HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                          I tried these suggestions and no error message, no notification. [emoji20]

                          Not sure how what I'm missing.
                          Well now I can get error messages. I think there is a bug in the log viewer. It seems that the example given in the RFXcom manual is not working for me. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, being so new to scripting. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...53#post1165253

                          If you have any ideas what I am doing wrong after a quick glance I would love your input. Thanks again for help with the pushover script call.

                          Edit:

                          Actually I was able to test this and I can now send the e-mail notification and pushalot (to windows clients), still having trouble with the pushover notification. I suspect that the parameters are in the incorrect order? If you have a reference for the parameter order that would probable clear up the pushover problem. Still not sure what is going on with the RFXcom part.

                          This is what I tested for pushover last:

                          hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"Jason_iPhone_6", "message", "RFXcom Sensor Panel", Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing})

                          I have "message" as the body text, and "RFXcom Sensor Panel" as heading or subject line.
                          Last edited by jlrichar; March 1st, 2015, 03:40 PM.
                          _______________________________________________

                          HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                          Comment


                          • The order of the scripting array is on Page 6 of the documentation, only the first two are mandatory but all need the array filling.

                            Regardless, I think you have found a bug which I need to sort so sorry if I have confused you. I am just testing it and will have something by the morning hopefully. I guess I never tested the scripting again after I last tested it.
                            My Plugins:

                            Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                            Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                              The order of the scripting array is on Page 6 of the documentation, only the first two are mandatory but all need the array filling.

                              Regardless, I think you have found a bug which I need to sort so sorry if I have confused you. I am just testing it and will have something by the morning hopefully. I guess I never tested the scripting again after I last tested it.
                              When it comes to scripting I am easily confused. Thanks again for looking into this.
                              _______________________________________________

                              HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                                When it comes to scripting I am easily confused. Thanks again for looking into this.
                                I have fixed the issue, basically when you passed 'Nothing' to the sound parameter it was trying to convert it to lower case and failing. I must have changed this when I added the ability not to pass a sound parameter and did not test the scripting side of it.

                                I have fixed it and will put a new version in the top thread post, regardless if you don't want a new version you can probably just do this instead;

                                Code:
                                hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"All Clients", "message", "RFXcom Sensor Panel", Nothing, "falling", Nothing, Nothing, Nothing})
                                Which uses the 'falling' sound from the Pushover sound list, the full sound list is on the web site. Thanks for highlighting it and sorry it might have led you around a bit!
                                My Plugins:

                                Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                                Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X