HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The-Source View Post
    Somehow i cant seem to get i working and im stuck with the "The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request." error.
    Tried filling in user key, app key and even group key but everytime i get the same response in the log.

Im probarbly doing something wrong but when i use the test send message then i receive the push message.
    [S]I thought I a step by step guide somewhere but i cant find it anymore.[/S], found it in the download version.

If I'm correct you should need to provide the app-key in the plugin instance?

edit:
    I see in the pdf guide that you should get a config page after start of the plugin to enter the user-key (step 3 in setting up HomeSeer) etc i didn't get that. I suppose you can enter that information manually in the .ini file? If i could get a sample one which i can edit then i think i should be able to manage it
    I have just seen your edit, the configuration page should be there. If you are in the main plugin interfaces page then the plugin name should be a hyperlink and this will take you to the config page. It is really not worth trying to mess with the INI file because I had to use an odd format in places to deal with when pushover released delivery groups.

Comment

Well i got it working, after the first boot-up i did get my devices synced but. To get it working I had to disable and re-enable the plugin again.
      Here are the logs of initial configuration:
      Jun-02 19:39:38 Pushover 3P Error In SoundLoad: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
      Jun-02 19:39:38 Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
      Jun-02 19:39:38 Pushover 3P Pushover User Valid - Checking Devices **Disabled At Present**
      And here after disable > enable again
      Jun-02 19:54:16 Pushover 3P Attempting to produce a client/group list...
      Jun-02 19:54:16 Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
      Jun-02 19:54:15 Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
      Jun-02 19:54:14 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
      Jun-02 19:54:14 Pushover 3P Plugin Starting - Starting Thread
      Jun-02 19:54:14 Info Plugin Pushover 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:57367

Jun-02 19:54:06 Info Plugin Pushover 3P with instance: has disconnected
      Jun-02 19:54:06 Pushover 3P ShutdownIO Called
      Jun-02 19:54:06 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Pushover 3P

Comment

OK I will look at that error - is this with the new version I posted above or an older version? Also does it work now or is it still broken?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          OK I will look at that error - is this with the new version I posted above or an older version? Also does it work now or is it still broken?
          I used 0.0.0.15 now. (errors are from that version also).
          And its working now

Comment

Anymore thought on my "problem"? A single event solution (what I'm looking for) would be really really great..
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
              Anymore thought on my "problem"? A single event solution (what I'm looking for) would be really really great..
              I am afraid I can't think of a way to do it that is both easy for me (not going to take me days to figure out) and reliable enough to actually work - everything I think would need adding to the plugin. I was trying to think of some alternative plugin that may do it for you but I can't think I have seen anything similar and even the HS built in eMail functions would behave the same. Removing something pending for the future from what I have seen has always been along the lines of devices for things like motion events. I think you are unfortunately going to have to use two events.

Comment

Ok, Thanks for your thoughts.
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Just started install, ended up with .12, but no access to config page ?
                  Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                    Just started install, ended up with .12, but no access to config page ?
                    The config page changed from a menu page in the plugins drop down to a page that is accessed from the plugin name changing to a hyperlink in the interfaces page. That was because of a rights issue - it should be accessed like this;
                    Last edited by mrhappy; August 2, 2015, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                      Here is my thinking, and I could be all wrong. In my thread about checking for device heart beat updates, a 2 event solution was suggested.

My thinking was, if Pushover could be delayed, I could possibly get away with using one event... I think in order to make that work, I need the ability to delay (and cancel) the event.

Bottom line I would like to combine these two events into one..
                      I'm just curious, many others have posted similar requests on other event construction, why the aversion to 2 events?

I'm not saying you are wrong for trying, but I am curious why I see so much effort given to reduce the number of events. -especially when it takes more time and effort to avoid the additional event than it does to build it. Multiple events are easier to track in the log, if they are carefully named they are easy to follow and annotate, delayed events are easier to cancel and events consume negligible amounts of memory and clock cycles.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                        The config page changed from a menu page in the plugins drop down to a page that is accessed from the plugin name changing to a hyperlink in the interfaces page. That was because of a rights issue - it should be accessed like this;
                        Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          I am curious why I see so much effort given to reduce the number of events.

Personally the number of events I have is getting out of hand. It's becoming difficult to find them to edit them down the line. All of this could be solved by having sub groups but it doesn't seem like this is going to get any traction. I hear you that it is easier to debug when you have multiple events and this is why I think sub groups is the way to go. The way it is now I'm having to create tons of groups and that gets difficult to keep track of also. This one issue is holding me back from creating a few hundred more events right now.
                          Originally posted by rprade
                          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

get this in the HS log, nothing on my android
                            Attached Files

Comment

You need at least one application set up for the sound loading and message sending to work, have you set one up with the application key entered into the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                                Personally the number of events I have is getting out of hand. It's becoming difficult to find them to edit them down the line. All of this could be solved by having sub groups but it doesn't seem like this is going to get any traction. I hear you that it is easier to debug when you have multiple events and this is why I think sub groups is the way to go. The way it is now I'm having to create tons of groups and that gets difficult to keep track of also. This one issue is holding me back from creating a few hundred more events right now.
                                You know I'm 100% with you on subgroups. We dicussed it and I described it in this thread. I filed a Bugzilla enhancement request 2505 in January, two people piled on but it remains untouched since then.

I've gone to creating general groups, then additional groups under them such as
                                • Lighting Controls - General
                                • Lighting Controls - Location
                                • Lighting Controls - Motion
                                • Lighting Controls - Time
                                • Power Controls - General
                                • Power Controls - Location
                                • Power Controls - Seasonal
                                • Power Controls - Temperature
                                • Power Controls - Time
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X