No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed this last night. Took a bit of fiddling to figure out which API key went into which slot.... I got the plugin working with the application API key in the first slot and the 'account'? API in the device slot. Assuming this is correct cause it works.

Thanks for the tool. I can see many uses for it.

Cheers!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgrainger View Post
      I installed this last night. Took a bit of fiddling to figure out which API key went into which slot.... I got the plugin working with the application API key in the first slot and the 'account'? API in the device slot. Assuming this is correct cause it works.

Thanks for the tool. I can see many uses for it.

Cheers!

Chris
      I should write some documentation for it I know, I did write some instructions at the top of the HS2 plugin link albeit they are slightly different with the HS3 plugin. You are getting it right, the basics are when you sign up for Pushover you get a user key on the first page, that's the one that identifies you as a user to Pushover. Then you need an application key, you do this by creating the application and getting a key from there. The application key goes in the box marked "API Token" and then the user key gets added with a friendly name to the Devices/Groups section below this.

I might change some of the names in the plugin as you are right Application Key might not make sense that it belongs in the box marked API Token.

Comment

another great plugin !

check out the emergency priority, does not seem to work. all the other priorities seem ok

Comment

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post
          another great plugin !

check out the emergency priority, does not seem to work. all the other priorities seem ok
          Odd they seem to work fine here, when you say they don't work do the messages not get sent or not appear as an emergency priority on the phone? If messages get to the phone what priority do they say under the title?

Comment

emergency priority does not send a message, tried it on several events. all the other priorities work.

Comment

emergency priority does not send a message, tried it on several events. all the other priorities work.
              Can you enable developer mode please and send an emergency message, a load of stuff should go into the console window and could you copy that stuff to here please (you can delete the API token and user key) so I can try and find out what is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                I should write some documentation for it I know, I did write some instructions at the top of the HS2 plugin link albeit they are slightly different with the HS3 plugin. You are getting it right, the basics are when you sign up for Pushover you get a user key on the first page, that's the one that identifies you as a user to Pushover. Then you need an application key, you do this by creating the application and getting a key from there. The application key goes in the box marked "API Token" and then the user key gets added with a friendly name to the Devices/Groups section below this.

I might change some of the names in the plugin as you are right Application Key might not make sense that it belongs in the box marked API Token.
                No worries, man. Didn't take that long to figure out and I appreciate the work involved in writing the plugin.

Cheers!

Chris

Comment

sent you the files via email did you get them?

Comment

sent you the files via email did you get them?
                    Yes I did and I will try and see what is wrong today, nothing jumps out as obviously wrong which is unfortunate.

Comment

For those using this plugin with delivery groups it appears there may be an issue with sending emergency notification to those groups. I was not aware that this was not allowed as I was going off of this information http://updates.pushover.net/post/581...elivery-groups which said nothing. I am going to contact Pushover to see if they have any advice but it may be by design.

Comment

thanks for helping to IDing the issue.

Comment

Guys

Big apologies from me, it is not until I have come to write the documentation (I should have done this first I guess) that I have realised that no wonder is it a bit confusing to setup up because it is wrong

Somewhere along the line I have become very confused and thought there was a device key but in fact there is no such thing. There is only an API key (for your application) and a user key, there is a device name but no separate key for the device. There is a group user key if you do set up groups but I imagine that will be quite rare.

Problem is I have had to change quite a bit of the plugin which will break peoples setups if they don't do some changes. My advice is to do as follows.

1) Update the plugin but keep a backup in case and also back up the PushoverConf.ini file in the config directory.

2) Open the PushoverConf.ini file from inside your Config directory. Under the [Clients] section you might have a couple of device names set up, the device names will have an = and then a long key. Copy this key and create an entry in the top under the [Settings] key. Call this entry "UsrKey" and then write UsrKey=(Whatever key was in the [Clients] section). So this might be the original file:

Code:
                          [Settings]
                          APIToken=cJvZXLNqBGifwKv2AcqfR5n
                          eInterval=60
                          eExpiry=300
                          [Clients]
                          iphone=KWnsGKueetY17to66uAypaJn6
                          You would need to change it to this (please write Nothing now after the client name):

Code:
                          [Settings]
                          APIToken=cJvZXLNqBGifwKv2AcqfR5n
                          eInterval=60
                          eExpiry=300
                          UsrKey=KWnsGKueetY17to66uAypaJn6
                          [Clients]
                          iphone=Nothing
                          Whether you want to add device names in the ini file (vs add them in the web page) or not is your call, if you do then under the clients key add separate line per device. If you wanted two devices then the section would look like this;

Code:
                          [Clients]
                          iphone=Nothing
                          nexus7=Nothing
                          3) Once you are done then save the ini file and restart the plugin. Check when the plugin restarts that the sounds download (this indicates the keys are correct) in the HomeSeer log.

4) Now the painful part, I honestly don't know what the events that were configured before will now look like. The only change is the device list will potentially have different entries in. They might be OK, they might not represent the devices they used to before the change so I would say go through, check the events, check the device names and if they are different you should be able just to edit and save the event. If you have loads of events then I am sorry but I can't think of another suitable way to change them other than manually.

5) You will notice on the event action there is now an option to send to all clients and also specific clients, this was how it was meant to be all along.

I don't anticipate that (unless there are changes to Pushover or HomeSeer) there will be a great number of future versions of the plugin (it is pretty simple and I can't see there being a need to make many more changes) so if you want to keep the version you have because it works and you don't want to change anything then I understand but be aware if a new version comes out it will be changed like the above.

I have written the documentation now which may help setup for people. There is a new version on the top post of this thread with these changes but no other additional fixes.

If anyone needs any help changing the config over get in touch with me.

Comment

Very nice plugin mrhappy! Only took about 10 mins to register, setup and configure a working test event on Linux. I was previously emailing my SMS address, which works too, but this means I can notify multiple devices and target specific events or matching conditions to different family members.

Thank you!
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, thankfully there is very little in the way of file handling so running on Linux took precisely zero additional work.

Comment

Very nice plug-in! Works great! Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                                X