HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
    You must live to code. And for that we should be grateful. It is more of an observation than complaint regarding the collapse of the event element when the data is populated. Your PO plugin rocks and frankly I am surprised it is free. The only fault I can give it is the design of PO for requiring download of the sound clips which seems to me to be a bit backwards but when it fails the error handling runs amok.
    I wouldn't say I live to code, I just take on tasks that on the face of it appear simple and grow ever complex! Pushover recommend making an API call to download the list of sounds in case they add any, I've not known them add any yet though and that is in the couple of years the plugin has been going.

I've changed the post back to now only do it when the application is changed, I may change it to a button when I can figure out how to deal with it correctly but for the minute it should not prematurely collapse. I don't know exactly how it will behave but you are welcome to try it (keep the old version to hand in case you want to swap back) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Hi mr happy ,

since a short week i have problems with this plugin , it delays my messages sending.... i see the event triggering but the messages come 1 min later on my phone ,

some triggers send it directly some not...

what can i do

Using 0.0.0.11 and always worked very well..
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
        Hi mr happy ,

since a short week i have problems with this plugin , it delays my messages sending.... i see the event triggering but the messages come 1 min later on my phone ,

some triggers send it directly some not...

what can i do

Using 0.0.0.11 and always worked very well..
        You will need to look at the log to see whether the delay is inside of HomeSeer or it is outside. I would create an event to send a message and then look in the log for the 'Pushover Notification Sent' entry, then see when the message arrives on your phone. The log entry is done when I have confirmation that the message has been received at the Pushover servers, if you send the message and you instantly get this entry then the fault lies with something to do with your network/Pushover which I do not have control of.

If on the other hand you are getting delays between the event triggering and getting the notification sent entry then it could point to problems in the plugin.

Comment

its in my log , but i think the problem is at pushover...

thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
            i see it in my homeseer log , but no notification after 1 min,,.,

Aug-07 20:55:38 Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent

maybe a server issue at pushover or the plugin ?
            If that entry appears then it means that I am getting the OK response from Pushover (https://pushover.net/api#response) so the message has left the plugin and now in the hands of Pushover, I have no control over what happens from there.

If there was a delay then I would look at whether or not this happens on Wifi or just 3G/4G connections, if it is the same on both then I would open the client and send a message to see whether or not it behaved the same with the client open or it was just the push messages themselves. Pushover are quite responsive if you report the issue to them and can look at the logs of the messages (they did with me recently) to try and see where the problem is. You can also send an example message direct from the API page to see whether or not that also has a delay with it.

Comment

no worries i think its a 100% issue at pushover server , because a time ago they had that problems for some users...

kind regards

Comment

I have also noticed a few Pushover delays recently of a minute or so. Never used to happen. Very intermittent though.
                Mike

Comment

i stalled 0,17 on my hs3 server, after enable i don't get (see) a config screen?
                  pushover is not in the list, all the other plugins are

any idea what i do wrong?

Comment

The config page is now a link on the plugin manage page, the name should be a hyperlink to the config page...

Comment

no it's not
                      nothing to click or to choose

Comment

Just confirm you don't have a link like in the attached image? I can't remember which version I made the change but would imagine it was before .17. Do you have a menu in the Plugins drop down for Pushover in that case? If you have none then I have no idea what to suggest that is strange.
                        Last edited by mrhappy; November 17, 2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

yes,
                          mine is not clickable
                          pushover is not blue, and not clickable
                          and in the pulldown menu with plugins it is not there
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
                            yes,
                            mine is not clickable
                            pushover is not blue, and not clickable
                            OK - how about the menu under Plug-ins? Do you have a Pushover entry in there? I would suggest upgrading if you have a multi user setup as that config page is accessible to all users, the link on the pushover page is accessible only for people with access to the plugin manage page.

Comment

i am logged in as admin (local)
                              all my plugins that are enabled are there but pushover is not

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
                                i am logged in as admin (local)
                                all my plugins that are enabled are there but pushover is not
                                I'm sorry if the plugin is not in the drop down and not on the page then I really don't know why that is happening, the only other thing is to try and go to the /pushConfig web address to see if that will bring up the page. If it does not bring up the page then I have no idea why.

Comment

Working...
                                X