HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciate your help!

I've tried to use the example below, but its not replacing the value?

Code:
    Alarm DISARMED by $$DVC:(160):

Comment

Got it working

Code:
      Alarm DISARMED by $$DSR:160:

Comment

As a very small Christmas present I have implemented a text area into the message part of the event action, that should enable you to enter multi line messages easier and no longer will you need to use the \n commands. I have hopefully catered for upgrades from older plugins where you use the \n in the messages (tested it and seems to work for me) and it should remove those and replace them with the ASCII new line value. As a newish change also you now need to click update to save all of the data in the event and then collapse the event when you have finished.
        Last edited by mrhappy; January 23, 2016, 07:20 AM.

Comment

How to install?

I looked in the list of plug-ins on my HS3 box (SEL -- Linux), and I don't see this plug-in listed?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
            I looked in the list of plug-ins on my HS3 box (SEL -- Linux), and I don't see this plug-in listed?
            No you won't - it is not allowed in the updater as it is free (http://homeseer.com/3rd-party-develo...on-policy.html). If you download the file on the first post, extract the EXE file and transfer it to your main HS directory it should then appear in the plugins manage page.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              No you won't - it is not allowed in the updater as it is free (http://homeseer.com/3rd-party-develo...on-policy.html). If you download the file on the first post, extract the EXE file and transfer it to your main HS directory it should then appear in the plugins manage page.
              Hey Adam, I know the policy states that, but have you talked to HS about it? There are lots of other free plugins in the updater.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                Hey Adam, I know the policy states that, but have you talked to HS about it? There are lots of other free plugins in the updater.

Cheers
                Al
                No I haven't to be honest, it's just something I have never been bothered about (not in it for the fame!)...I would have to wait for new versions put in the updater (or host them myself and I don't have any hosting) whereas I can just post them here straight away. I'm also a bit mindful of how the plugin is not the most straightforward to set up, with it needing keys/tokens, applications created on Pushover etc and I could end up with a few hundred (?) extra people all having difficulty with it.

Comment

Very good. I will download it and attempt to install it.

With respect to the setup needed, I don't think it will be any more than other plugins that interfaced with outside services.

If your price it at $40, and give people a thirty-day free trial, you'll make some decent beer money.

Comment

Hey.
                    when i use pushover with sickrage and couchpotato i get also their icon in pushover.
                    any way i can set an icon with your plugin?
                    even better, add a URL the icon so we can have different icons for different push (Green icon for open house, Red icon for house locked) and etc...
                    just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                      Hey.
                      when i use pushover with sickrage and couchpotato i get also their icon in pushover.
                      any way i can set an icon with your plugin?
                      even better, add a URL the icon so we can have different icons for different push (Green icon for open house, Red icon for house locked) and etc...
                      just a thought
                      You set the icon when you create the application with Pushover, then in the app you can fetch a new icon but it is a manual process to get an updated icon. In the API console on the Pushover website click the application, Edit or Delete Application and then there is an uploader for the icon.

I don't do anything inside the plugin with the icon and none of the API methods I am aware of allow me to do anything with the icon so I can't change it. The other option is to have multiple applications with differing icons to do what you are after.

Comment

Just installed your PI, great work you have here, thank you. Since it won't be in updater, how can I know when there a update?
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          Just installed your PI, great work you have here, thank you. Since it won't be in updater, how can I know when there a update?
                          You will just have to keep an eye on this thread. The plug-in is stable and any updates are likely to be to support new features that Pushover may implement in their API.

I subscribed to this thread so that I get emails when there is a new post. Use thread tools at the top of this thread, "Subscribe to this Thread" then pick the type of notification. I get daily updates letting me know that there is a new post in this thread.

Attached Files
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Realistically you will not know there is an update to the plugin unless you follow this thread. In reality the plugin enables you pretty much to do as much as Pushover allows me to do by their API and as such I don't foresee any real new versions other than perhaps for a few little bugs that may come up.

Comment

Hey Adam,
                              Thank you again for the great work. I could not live without this, and as I said before it should be built into HS

So I went to install new version and keep getting these errors. Its on Win XP Any ideas?
                              Attached Files
                              Tom
                              baby steps...starting again with HS3
                              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

That's strange because there's relatively little that should crash in this plugin in reality (no external libraries), I see you are running from the desktop - is this where your HS files all are? It needs the hscf.dll, scheduler.dll and homeseerapi.dll in the same directory as the exe file or it needs to live in the main HS directory.

Comment

Working...
                                X