Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wow nice gonna test it soon , i have a easy solution for this , use the beta pushbullet plugin.

    Like the message is : Error zwave livingroom etc... i can reply with what i want , like restart zwave , or what ever u put in there . it sends with files and text so you get an actual screenshot..

    or if u want to restart homeseer , just send back (restart homeseer or something else ) its fully customizable and easy ..

    u can trigger events on contains

    its 2-way and works great

    and yes i still use pushover all day , pushbullet is only for 2way communication.







    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Here is how I did it. I set up a framework that would support future expansion. The first thing I did was to create a virtual device that would control what occurs when a pushover acknowledgement is received. I created 4 functions, but it can be expanded in the future. The images used for the device are completely useless, since it is not to be controlled manually, but who knows what the future will bring.



    Then I created a set of events that would trigger a Pushover Emergency message. First I created a counter and a timer for Z-Net errors, then a set of events that would control the timer and increment the counter. The first increments the counter and makes sure the timer is running whenever there is a specific error logged.




    The second is a cleanup to reset the timer and counter if the error count was minimal within 10 minutes.




    The third is an event that sends an Emergency Pushover message and sets up the function that I want to occur when the message is acknowledged.



    Then there is a series of events that are triggered by a Pushover Emergency acknowledgement.
    • The first event is triggered by the Pushover Emergency message acknowledgement. It then runs 4 events, with each of them running only if the conditions are true
    • The next 4 are the events, each one is allowed to run only if the virtual device is the correct value
    • The last event is to clear the Acknowledgement Pending device if the acknowledgement time limit expires





    Finally I added a reset to the Acknowledgement Pending device any time HomeSeer is started. This event runs whenever HomeSeer starts up.


    The above is just an example of how I restart the Z-Net interface if there excessive errors within a specific period of time. I built it due to a malfunction that occurred only twice and since I built the events it has not recurred.

    The framework can be used for every Pushover Emergency message acknowledgement. You just need to set up the function when the message is sent and have a specific event for that function.
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts




    HS3Pro 3.0.0.531 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      As a very small Christmas present I have implemented a text area into the message part of the event action, that should enable you to enter multi line messages easier and no longer will you need to use the \n commands.
      Just wanted to say thanks to mrhappy for adding this! I finally had a chance to try it out tonight and it seems to be properly converting existing events that have the "\n" syntax. So much easier to see the formatting now for multiline messages now.

      Comment


      • This is a very nice plugin. I use it for all kinds of messages. Really like the way of splitting messages into categories with different icons etc.

        I have a feature request: I use it for messaging me when my doorbell rings. It works like a charm. I also send an url to the last image that was taken with my front door webcam. Unfortunately, all messages link to th same picture.
        I could change this by adding a timestamp to the url.
        Therefore my request is to add dynamic values to the url or message.
        For instance if I set the url to http://someaddress/script.aspx?ts=%DATETIME%
        The part %DATETIME% should be replaced with the current date and time.

        I could as well think of replacing it with a device text or device value.

        Keep up the good work!

        Comment


        • i believe there was a plugin from blade, maybe called last image or something similar.
          Maybe this can solve your problem.

          Comment


          • I don't want the last image, I want an image of a certain moment. I have the last image, but that file is overwritten with every new doorbellring. Therefore i want a link with a timestamp, so I can find the right image of that moment.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fraggel View Post
              This is a very nice plugin. I use it for all kinds of messages. Really like the way of splitting messages into categories with different icons etc.

              I have a feature request: I use it for messaging me when my doorbell rings. It works like a charm. I also send an url to the last image that was taken with my front door webcam. Unfortunately, all messages link to th same picture.
              I could change this by adding a timestamp to the url.
              Therefore my request is to add dynamic values to the url or message.
              For instance if I set the url to http://someaddress/script.aspx?ts=%DATETIME%
              The part %DATETIME% should be replaced with the current date and time.

              I could as well think of replacing it with a device text or device value.

              Keep up the good work!
              The URL field should already support HS replacement variables (although some time since I have tested it and I have never needed to use it myself) so you could try ts=$$DATE but I am not sure that the HS replacement variables will be good enough for you and your's might need URL encoding? You could also try writing the date/time to a global variable and then using the $$GLOBALVAR replacement variable. Let me know if it does not work...
              My Plugins:

              Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
              Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

              Comment


              • Why isn't this plugin in the plugin management?
                Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

                Comment


                • Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
                  Why isn't this plugin in the plugin management?
                  If you look at post #365 onwards it explains, HS's published policy couldn't be any more clearer that they don't allow free plugins in the updater (however I know there are free plugins in there and I have never contacted them). I'm not really that bothered and it is clear there is a delay before plugins actually get put in the updater so I am not sure it would really save anyone any time considering the plugin is only a single file and I can publish it here in minutes. I don't think it is difficult to install compared to a more complex plugin that might have many files in many directories.
                  My Plugins:

                  Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                  Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                    If you look at post #365 onwards it explains, HS's published policy couldn't be any more clearer that they don't allow free plugins in the updater (however I know there are free plugins in there and I have never contacted them). I'm not really that bothered and it is clear there is a delay before plugins actually get put in the updater so I am not sure it would really save anyone any time considering the plugin is only a single file and I can publish it here in minutes. I don't think it is difficult to install compared to a more complex plugin that might have many files in many directories.
                    I can tell you that this is not the policy anymore. Free plugins absolutely can be in the updater and have their own forums.
                    PHLocation is a free plugin and just got its own forum and will be in the updater soon.
                    You do not have to have HS host the file for you. I have all of my plugins in dropbox so that I can post a new version anytime I want/need to.
                    Just contact Mark.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

                    Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

                    Comment


                    • FIXED - I believe it just takes time for Pushover account and plugin to communicate that I have messages!
                      ***
                      New user struggling with this plugin. Have setup and purchased an account for Pushover and it works. Installed plugin. Believe I have API keys in correct spots.
                      But I can't get HS3 to send me a message through Pushover.
                      My remaining messages says 0 - could that be it? I thought I would have 7500 on signing up.

                      Any ideas?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 519zwave; February 12th, 2016, 04:26 PM.
                      Jim
                      ----
                      Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

                      Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

                      Comment


                      • HS3 Pushover Plugin

                        Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                        The URL field should already support HS replacement variables (although some time since I have tested it and I have never needed to use it myself) so you could try ts=$$DATE but I am not sure that the HS replacement variables will be good enough for you and your's might need URL encoding? You could also try writing the date/time to a global variable and then using the $$GLOBALVAR replacement variable. Let me know if it does not work...

                        Didn't know about this hidden feature, but that will be very useful at times.

                        $$DATE creates a xml string for speaker, so isn't really useful for this. $DATE and $TIME do work, but pushover doesn't like spaces in the url. Based on the HS user manual I created a script that sets a global variable first and use that in the url, relacing spaces by +-signs. Had to replace the semicolon in the time as well, safari doesn't like it somehow.

                        Works like a charm now. Thx!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fraggel View Post
                          Didn't know about this hidden feature, but that will be very useful at times.

                          $$DATE creates a xml string for speaker, so isn't really useful for this. $DATE and $TIME do work, but pushover doesn't like spaces in the url. Based on the HS user manual I created a script that sets a global variable first and use that in the url, relacing spaces by +-signs. Had to replace the semicolon in the time as well, safari doesn't like it somehow.

                          Works like a charm now. Thx!
                          I will look into whether or not the URL should be URL encoded by the plugin as I guess you may wish to pass through data from replacement variables that does have spaces in and you have no way to add them later.
                          My Plugins:

                          Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                          Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fraggel View Post
                            Didn't know about this hidden feature, but that will be very useful at times.

                            $$DATE creates a xml string for speaker, so isn't really useful for this. $DATE and $TIME do work, but pushover doesn't like spaces in the url. Based on the HS user manual I created a script that sets a global variable first and use that in the url, relacing spaces by +-signs. Had to replace the semicolon in the time as well, safari doesn't like it somehow.

                            Works like a charm now. Thx!
                            Hi:

                            Do you mind sharing the scriptyou are using for this?
                            jjsmd@yahoo.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fraggel View Post
                              Didn't know about this hidden feature, but that will be very useful at times.

                              $$DATE creates a xml string for speaker, so isn't really useful for this. $DATE and $TIME do work, but pushover doesn't like spaces in the url. Based on the HS user manual I created a script that sets a global variable first and use that in the url, relacing spaces by +-signs. Had to replace the semicolon in the time as well, safari doesn't like it somehow.

                              Works like a charm now. Thx!
                              I've put something in that might help in the future, if you specify a URL then it will split the URL and using HttpUtility.UrlEncode encode the last part of the URL. I'm not sure how useful or reliable this will be but I can't see it causing any issues to existing stuff.

                              In this version I have also fixed a minor bug in the UI with the URL/URL Title table cells not quite being in the right place.

                              The configuration page is now back to being under the drop down with it only being accessed by admin users.
                              My Plugins:

                              Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                              Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

                              Comment


                              • Can the notification contain an "open URL" ?

                                Hi

                                I am using this excellent plugin to send me an image of my doorbell webcam everytime someone comes to my front door.

                                Right now it sends the URL of the captured image and I have to first have the Pushover app open where it displays the URL and then I click on the URL to open a browser displaying the image.

                                I believe the iOS pushover service contains a "open URL on alert" command. IS it possible to have that incorporated in the HS3 alert so that my phone automatically opens the URl when it receives the alert?

                                Thanks
                                jjsmd@yahoo.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X