• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    I was getting a bunch of these in the log today:
    Code:
    Sep-12 11:01:37 PM Pushover 3P PushMessage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Eventually I tracked it down to an event that had some HTML tags in the Message body, and also had the monospace option checked. I realize that monospace HTML is probably not a valid thing, but maybe the plugin could deal with this a little more gracefully?
    Good spot, yes of course please try this version.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    I was getting a bunch of these in the log today:
    Code:
    Sep-12 11:01:37 PM           Pushover 3P     PushMessage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Eventually I tracked it down to an event that had some HTML tags in the Message body, and also had the monospace option checked. I realize that monospace HTML is probably not a valid thing, but maybe the plugin could deal with this a little more gracefully?

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

Can you give the new version (.51) in post #1249 a go please, those issues should be fixed.
    Yep, initial tests look good for both of the issues. I'll keep an eye on it the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Looks like there are also issues with messages that contain HTML tags. Here's an example comparison of messages sent from the same event, version .48 vs version .50:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1520.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1417856

Name:	fullsizeoutput_151f.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1417857

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.05.49 PM.png
Views:	129
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1417855
    Can you give the new version (.51) in post #1249 a go please, those issues should be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Looks like there are also issues with messages that contain HTML tags. Here's an example comparison of messages sent from the same event, version .48 vs version .50:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1520.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1417856

Name:	fullsizeoutput_151f.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1417857

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.05.49 PM.png
Views:	129
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1417855

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    If someone could let me know if it works that would be great, then if it does I will put it in the updater.
    No problems here so far in sending regular (non-glance) messages. Monospace option seems to be working as expected now. Thanks for fixing that

Having an issue, though, with glance messages. Keep getting this in the log:

Code:
    Sep-07 6:01:22 PM Event Event Trigger "Utility Pushover Glance Message"
    Sep-07 6:01:22 PM Pushover 3P Message Unable To Send - Delay Between Messages
    Looks like the plugin Is no longer honoring my "GlanceDelay=0" INI file setting.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Hi All

I'm on a current mission to go through all my plugins and try and make them a little better, removing some of the legacy/rubbish code that I have in them. This plugin was no exception, I have been through every line trying to ensure it works and is fit for purpose.

Time has come for this plugin, on this post is version .50 which has little visual difference but sorts out a couple of bugs. They are;

1) Removed the application validation process - seemed to be failing on some installs (such as by themlruts ), any application added will get added without verification
    2) Added the application selection to the Glance Message option - this was an oversight and should've always been there
    3) Re-done the web pages so they look similar to my other plugins
    4) Removed a lot of old code and consolidated it
    5) Re-done the devices, if you use the devices then you will need to delete them and let the plugin create them again. The devices are virtually the same but I've set the icons and can now add other devices easily if it ever came to it.
    6) Fix for the monospace text issue previously reported by teladog01

Event actions should stay the same (this was obviously my concern) and existing events should work just fine, you won't need to do any additional setup apart from replacing this file (and deleting old devices if you had them).

If someone could let me know if it works that would be great, then if it does I will put it in the updater.

Keep the old version close at hand if you need to revert..it should just be a matter of swapping the EXE back.

Thanks...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• msweb
    replied
    Thanks for that, it's up and running! There wasn't an .ini file but I created one and pasted your code / my keys.
    I'm getting the same "Error -" message on the config page but it's working, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    I'm afraid I am going to struggle as that error is a little vague obviously...I've checked the code where 'Error -' is and it is in the main event that builds the plugin webpage and it should contain a description but guess that is not coming through.

I'm head deep in a re-write of the plugin at the minute so I wouldn't want to set you up with something half finished...what I would suggest is setting it up manually. In your HS config directory you should have PushoverConf.ini. Edit this in your favourite text editor with something like the following;

Code:
    [Settings]
    UsrKey=KWnsGKueetY17to66uAxxxxxxxxx
    eInterval=60
    eExpiry=200
    WantDevices=False
    FloodNumber=50
    [Clients]
    [APITokens]
    HomeSeer=cJvZXLNqBGifwKv2AcqfRxxxxxxx
    Replacing the UsrKey field with yours and the API token section with yours also - restart the plugin and see if you can send messages from an event.

Leave a comment:

• msweb
    replied
    Hi mrhappy I have done some forum/web searching and gone through "Pushover_HTML_Documentation.pdf" prior to posting this but seem to be stuck at the start. I'm running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368 on RPi, installed pushover (0.0.0.48), set up the pushover account/got the key. As soon as I go into HS3 > Plugins > Pushover 3P > config I just get "Error -" and that's it.

HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe is in the default directory; /home/<username>/HomeSeer
    Plugin status is OK. It's been disabled and re-enabled and the RPi has been restarted.

From the HS Log:

Pushover 3P
    Glance Message Delay Value 20
    Sep-04 14:13:21

Pushover 3P
    Starting Flood Control Timer
    Sep-04 14:13:21

Pushover 3P
    Sending Status True Device Value: 100
    Sep-04 14:13:20

Pushover 3P
    No User Key Specified, please enter in config page

Pushover 3P
    RegisterWebPage Called: PushConfig - Configuration - Pushover 3P Configuration

Pushover 3P
    CreateTable Entered
    Sep-04 14:13:19

Pushover 3P
    HS3 Detected, Continue...
    Sep-04 14:13:19

Pushover 3P
    Plugin Starting - Checking if HS4/HS3...

Could you help with that at all please?

Leave a comment:

• lodi
    replied
    Ahhhh! I was racking my brain. I thought I had to do both. I already have it installed. Thanks for the quick reply.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by lodi View Post
    So I feel like I’m missing something very elementary. As I read the documentation it mentions the file HSPI_PUSHOVER.ZIP. Where do I find this?
    The documentation is probably out of date by now as the plugin is now in the updater, you can install it from there and it should do the installation automatically for you.

Leave a comment:

• lodi
    replied
    So I feel like I’m missing something very elementary. As I read the documentation it mentions the file HSPI_PUSHOVER.ZIP. Where do I find this?

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    mrhappy, looks like the Monospace option isn't working as expected. All three lines in this test message have the exact same number of characters (14):

Name:	Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 8.37.45 PM.png
Views:	139
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1414667

The monospace font looks correct in the text area when composing, i.e. before collapsing the event. But then after collapsing it changes back to variable spacing. And then the iOS Pushover app also displays it in a variable width font.

What's the cheat code to unlock this functionality?

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.52.26 PM.png
Views:	112
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1414668

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.52.38 PM.png
Views:	113
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1414669
    There is a bug that I have fixed, it is to do with the check box - in HS depending on how you create it depends whether you get checked/unchecked or on/off - I was checking for the wrong result. It may be that I have changed that parameter at some point because I am sure I tested the monospace text when the option came out.

I would probably like to roll this fix into a set of bigger changes to make the plugin a little more refined...I'll see how much progress I can make today/tomorrow but if not I will put out the new version with just this change in it.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    mrhappy, looks like the Monospace option isn't working as expected. All three lines in this test message have the exact same number of characters (14):

Name:	Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 8.37.45 PM.png
Views:	139
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1414667

The monospace font looks correct in the text area when composing, i.e. before collapsing the event. But then after collapsing it changes back to variable spacing. And then the iOS Pushover app also displays it in a variable width font.

What's the cheat code to unlock this functionality?

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.52.26 PM.png
Views:	112
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1414668

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.52.38 PM.png
Views:	113
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1414669
    You won't see it monospaced in the HomeSeer UI, the only thing I do is when you check the box I send the parameter to Pushover to handle.

I'll do some checking and get back to you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X