Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dynamic text

    I'm very impressed how this plug-in works.
    I would like to know if it is possible to send a dynamic text message.
    For example:
    message content to have the current state of a particular device or a global HomeSeer variable.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Luka View Post
      I'm very impressed how this plug-in works.
      I would like to know if it is possible to send a dynamic text message.
      For example:
      message content to have the current state of a particular device or a global HomeSeer variable.
      The message body supports any of the replacement variables in HS here http://www.homeseer.com/support/home..._variables.htm so you can put a device status in or a global variable by using the syntax on there.

      Comment


        The plugin works great! however I have a small issue, I couldn't figure out how to set up an event correctly.

        IF Garage Door has been open for at least 10 minutes,
        THEN send a pushover message.....


        When this event triggers, my phone will receive the alert NONSTOP as long as the garage door remains open.

        How do you properly set up the event so that it sends the alert only once?

        Comment


          Originally posted by mike2016 View Post
          The plugin works great! however I have a small issue, I couldn't figure out how to set up an event correctly.

          IF Garage Door has been open for at least 10 minutes,
          THEN send a pushover message.....


          When this event triggers, my phone will receive the alert NONSTOP as long as the garage door remains open.

          How do you properly set up the event so that it sends the alert only once?
          You can set "Cannot re-run for:" at the bottom of the event to prevent it from running more than once every 10 minutes, 1 hour, etc.

          Otherwise to send it only once you would need a virtual device that would toggle when the first message is sent, use the virtual device as a condition in the pushover event, then reset the virtual device when the door is closed. That is how I do mine.

          Comment


            Originally posted by rprade View Post
            You can set "Cannot re-run for:" at the bottom of the event to prevent it from running more than once every 10 minutes, 1 hour, etc.

            Otherwise to send it only once you would need a virtual device that would toggle when the first message is sent, use the virtual device as a condition in the pushover event, then reset the virtual device when the door is closed. That is how I do mine.
            1st method is much easier! thanks for the tips!

            Comment


              Originally posted by mike2016 View Post
              The plugin works great! however I have a small issue, I couldn't figure out how to set up an event correctly.

              IF Garage Door has been open for at least 10 minutes,
              THEN send a pushover message.....


              When this event triggers, my phone will receive the alert NONSTOP as long as the garage door remains open.

              How do you properly set up the event so that it sends the alert only once?
              Very early on in the HS2 plugin I thought of implementing a flood control function for this very scenario of sending thousands of messages very quickly. I'll pop it on the list to think about for the next version. The methods posted by Randy are the solutions and also you can use the Garage door has been open for exactly 10 minutes trigger.

              Comment


                can some one help explain how to use and in what circumstances you use this option in the setup page? thank you.

                "Pushover Devices/Delivery Groups"
                Hector
                ____________________________________
                Win.2003 OS, HS3
                BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

                Comment


                  Others with more expierence might chime in, but you have to also have an IOS or android device in your account. When you have this, you can then send alerts to different devices, or all the devices, that is up to you. This is setup on the pushover web page.

                  Hope this helps

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                    Others with more expierence might chime in, but you have to also have an IOS or android device in your account. When you have this, you can then send alerts to different devices, or all the devices, that is up to you. This is setup on the pushover web page.

                    Hope this helps
                    I only have one Device android, before updating, I only selected the device name and that was it, now I only see device group, not the name of my phone... Do I have to modify something?
                    Hector
                    ____________________________________
                    Win.2003 OS, HS3
                    BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                    BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      I only have one Device android, before updating, I only selected the device name and that was it, now I only see device group, not the name of my phone... Do I have to modify something?
                      If you have only one device, just send it to "All Clients" under "Select Device(s)/Groups. You should only see two choices under that dropdown - "All Clients" and your device. The update allows you to send to different clients if you have them, but your old configuration is maintained and your events do not need anything done to them. In this screenshot, I have delivery groups for "Randy" and "Michelle", which I was using, then there are also selections for individual devices. If you didn't setup groups in the plug-in or on the Pushover website, you should only have your single device.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        Thanks Randy
                        Hector
                        ____________________________________
                        Win.2003 OS, HS3
                        BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                        BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

                        Comment


                          Canceling Emergency-Priority Retries

                          mrhappy,

                          I have a use case where I am finding it would be very useful to be able to automatically cancel/acknowledge, from a HomeSeer event, the last emergency notification the plugin sent, so that the notification does not keep repeating.

                          I see that Pushover does offer a way to cancel an emergency notification before it expires or is acknowledged:

                          https://pushover.net/api#receipt

                          Would you consider adding an event action for this?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                            mrhappy,

                            I have a use case where I am finding it would be very useful to be able to automatically cancel/acknowledge, from a HomeSeer event, the last emergency notification the plugin sent, so that the notification does not keep repeating.

                            I see that Pushover does offer a way to cancel an emergency notification before it expires or is acknowledged:

                            https://pushover.net/api#receipt

                            Would you consider adding an event action for this?
                            I'll have a think whether I can do this, the issue is that the cancellation needs a receipt number to be passed to it (which is received when you send a message to it) to work. I can potentially pass the last receipt number to it that came from the plugin and see what happens but if you send a message from outside of HS (and I appreciate that this would be rare) then I would not know the receipt number to withdraw the emergency message.

                            I'll let you know how I get on...

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                              I can potentially pass the last receipt number to it that came from the plugin and see what happens
                              I was thinking something like this should be possible. Am I correct that you are tracking this receipt already for the Message Acknowleged and Message Expired triggers? Do you poll the Pushover servers every so often to find the status of the message?

                              I'll let you know how I get on...
                              Thanks so much for considering...

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                                I was thinking something like this should be possible. Am I correct that you are tracking this receipt already for the Message Acknowleged and Message Expired triggers? Do you poll the Pushover servers every so often to find the status of the message?
                                Yes I do keep the receipt number for these messages and those triggers have the same caveats and it would get very complex if I ended up trying to track multiple users who could have multiple emergency messages each device so basically it is just only ever going to acknowledge the last emergency message sent by the plugin regardless of whoever and wherever it was sent to. The withdrawl would likely be similar, it would make an attempt and if it worked then it would be the last message that the plugin sent and you would have to handle that somehow yourself.

                                You are correct I do poll the server because I cannot specify a callback that would not create issues around port forwarding/authentication so I just check it every couple of seconds and establish what the message status is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X